"Oh, no no." He said, frantically shaking his head. "I didn't mean it in an offensive manner, I just meant why do you live here in this part of town when your family is pretty well off. Why did you even come to my company seeking a job? I mean your father and brother are widely known business moguls, are they not? And your mother a neurosurgeon before she passed?"

He had researched her, just like she had him. Although, he did go a lot more in depth than she did. He had looked into her family.

When he noticed her panic stricken face, he immediately regretted saying anything.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry, curiosity just got the best of me; I just noticed your previous work experience was with your fathers competitor." He quickly apologized. "And besides, I've done business with your fathers company, and with your business degree, I know you could be a great asset to them and keep it all in the family, so why come to me?"

She shook her head no, letting him know she wasn't offended by his question.

"No, its okay. My parents are financially well off, point being MY PARENTS. Their money is theirs not mine. I wanted to do it on my own you know? Start from the bottom and build an empire like my father did. I don't want to reap where I didn't sow. I was raised to be independent and do things for myself, I don't want to depend on my parents and their connections because I won't feel accomplished if I do. My brother has been groomed from birth to take over my fathers position, so that's all he knows. I on the other hand, have always wanted something of my own, away from their influence." She explained to him.

Kellan understood her reasoning, but he couldn't say he knew where she was coming from because he didn't. His business was a family business, it had been in the family for years. Three generations of Keys' men had been real estate moguls, and he was no different. They had paved the road for him and he was certain his own son, or daughter whenever he had the privilege of having them, would follow in his footsteps.

"I admire you for that." he said cupping her cheek in his palm and softly running his thumb back and forth underneath her eyes.

They both released each other from their hugs and each took a few needed steps away from the other.

"Have a seat." She gestured towards the leather couch. "Would you like anything to drink?"

"You have any brown liquor?" He questioned. He was definitely going to need something strong if he was going to be this close to her especially dressed like that.

"Yea. I'll be right back with it." she replied smiling. He watched as she turned around, groaning at the sight of her curves and the way the small shorts she had on was swallowed up by her generous ass.

She went into the kitchen to get the unopened bottle of Alcohol she had been saving for a special occasion, grabbed two glasses, and rejoined Kellan in the sitting room.

"Make yourself comfortable, I'll be right back; I just have to change into something more appropriate." She dropped the glasses and the bottle on the coffee table, handing him the television remote, before walking towards her room to change.

He had half a mind to tell her that what she had on was completely ok with him, but he didn't want to make her uncomfortable in her own home.

Kellan busied himself with the television, flipping through channels until he settled on a cooking tv show, but kept it on mute because he was enjoying the sounds of Coldplay in the background. She emerged from her room, now dressed in an oversized t-shirt and grey sweatpants. He picked the bottle up, ready to take a few shots to ease his mind. She watched as his face grew serious and he concentrated on getting the cap off the bottle. She found it cute how he bit on his bottom lip, flashing a tiny dimple on his left cheek.