Coldreign

I buried my face in my hands. It was cold, deathly cold. Snow pelted the ground in waves.  Char put his hand on my shoulder. He was trying to be strong for me but behind his strong hold he was trembling. It had been 2 hours since the phone call, and we had 4 more hours to turn in my brother or...else.  I sank, my back agaisnt a nearby tree. Char whispered "it was just a threat. I'm going to get something to eat. You gonna be ok?" I nodded weakly.  I internally rolled my eyes, leave it to a guy to be thinking of food when you have 4 hours to live.  I closed my eyes. Nothing made sense.

 "So your giving up?" A voice asked.

I sprung up terrified that was the voice on the phone! But when I looked up I saw something I was not expecting,

a boy.

Well a teenager, about 15 years old. He rolled his eyes and threw his hands up in the air and said,

"Ya ya I know my age ruins the evi effect and what not but don't ask me! I just get paid to do what I'm told. And in exchange I get to keep my life. Not much of a deal but oh well! hmm... where was I? Oh yes. Your giving up?" 

Still startled by his age I quickly tried to compose myself.

He said, "Its ok I wont hurt you. I'm not like the rest of Coldreign. Go ahead, It looks like you need to vent. "

I started with a chickle but I ended up just laughing hysterically.

"Looks like I need to vent? HA! Its not like a brother i never heard of comes says hi and bye. Then I have hot chocolate with his almost assasin and I'm being threatened for me and everyone I love to be killed all within a week! Heck I don't even know how to CONTACT my brother!"

He smiled. Thats all. Just smiled. 

"Boss said you might have some trouble so we're willing to strike a deal. all you have to do is deliver a letter to a friend of ours. I would bring it but I'm a little swamped with calls there was recently a major break ou-" He started to correct himslef. "A break for a lot of workers so I have to work double shift." He said quickly   

Mhm sure. 

"Give me the letter."