Prologue

Standing around was not my ideal way to pass time. Especially in an open, spacious room of the Throne Room of the Queen's palace. My patience was wearing very thin with each passing minute. The only thing keeping me from going completely well was the sight of my maid, Veronika, standing behind me, sending flirtatious glances towards a guard nearby.

I almost felt sorry for the man, people should know getting caught up in a demons dance is very dangerous, however amusing to the onlookers like myself.

I don't know what I'm doing here, I had just returned from the Mad House only two months ago. It had been many hears since I had seen England. It was a lot different than staring from a barred window.

A girlish giggle escaped my maids lips as she continued flirting with the guard. From the corner of my eye I saw the poor man blush.

"You really have no shame, do you?" I said bluntly, casting my eyes upwards to meet  the innocent stare of the demon.

"I'm afraid I have no idea what you are saying, mistress." She replied. I noticed the corner of her mouth slinking upwards into a smirk.

I opened my mouth to reply when the door on the left side of the room opened. In came a small, black-clad woman with a veil across her face. Behind her two guards marched dutifully. Finally.

We waited for the Queen to get herself seated before approaching.

I curtsied deeply.

The Queen nodded and tilted her head towards the side, whispering something I couldn't quite catch. It took all I had to keep my tongue behind my teeth. I despised people whispering.

From behind the throne came a tall, lean man with a head full of white hair and amethyst colored eyes. He bowed.

"Her majesty apologizes for being late, she had some businesses to attend to."

I nodded. "No harm done, your majesty." I bowed my head. "You sent a letter, informing us that you needed to speak with us immediately. What is the problem?" I kept my voice calm and collected. But there was no doubt that I was more than curious to find out what was going on.

Once again, Queen Victoria leaned over, whispering quietly to the tall man. He bowed his head and walked towards us.

Veronika's hand came up to her face, the nail of her thumb touching the cupids bow of her lips; her forefinger touching the tip of her nose. . A casual enough gesture, but I knew better.

The man stopped a few feet away from us. "The Queen needs your assistance. She needs eyes and ears from the inside. She wants you, to be her Vixen." He finished and stared at me, waiting.

A Vixen? The name title fitted, I liked the ring to it. I tried to suppress a smile from my lips.

"What exactly will my mistress be doing?" Veronika asked, her hand in the same position on her face.

The man a sly smile. "You'll be doing some...  Undercover work." He said lowly.

And that is how this whole mess started.

----------------—-------------

I tried writing a story similar to this one, I wasn't a fan 😂
So I'm re-writing it.
So, what do you think so far?

See you soon, bullets! Xx