Chapter 47 - Santa Claus Fail

ابدأ من البداية

Here we go again....Oldbag the chatterbox returns...

Once she was done talking Miles and I were able to get some information off from her and we were finally able to continue this investigation.

In order to continue, however, it was time for me to crack the truth out of Larry.

I stood in front of Larry, "Okay, Larry I learned more about your situation as well as the situation that is going on in this embassy. And I have to say, you are in a pretty tight spot right now."

Larry cried his eyes out, "I know.....Nat....help meee..."

I smiled and crossed my arms, "Don't worry I will. I know that you're innocent, you just have to tell me your side of the story so you can help me get you out of this okay?"

He smiled brightly, "Okay, Nat, I will do my best."

"Just know that if you lie to me I will immediately know what's up."

"Okay..."

Shi spoke up with a smile, "Heh. This is nice. I get front row seat to see what you can do, Natalie."

I looked at him as he looked back, asking for a challenge.

He sent me a cocky glare, "Show me what you can do."

I sent back the glare, "Fine. Just watch."

I looked at Larry with a softer gaze, "Larry, please testify about what you were doing tonight."

He talked about how he was trying to visit someone else's room by using the Santa Claus method. That person he was trying to visit was Mindy, the original woman who was supposed to play Pink Princess. Unfortunately, she got into an accident and was not able to work today. So, Larry thought it would be nice to leave her a note, expressing his concern. Since he miswrote Mindy's name, Ms. Wendy Oldbag thought the note was for her which led her to believe that she had a stalker.

Larry was completely embarrassed as everyone was silent and just shook their heads.

I sighed out loud, "Really, Larry?" I showed him the note he wrote, "When will you learn to work on your penmanship?"

He snapped, "I've been trying! I really have!"

Suddenly, a whip was heard, "You fool! You completely wasted our time!"

I noticed her, "Franziska!"

She noticed me as well and then made a grin, "It's a pleasure to see you again, Natalie June."

Miles spoke, getting my attention, "I happened to meet Franziska here. She has been working with Agent Lang by investigating on the smuggling ring."

Franziska crossed her arms, "We have been receiving reports that the Yatagarasu had infiltrated this place. We believe that the thief could not have gotten too far."

"The Yatagarasu....is here?", I asked.

"Yeah and apparently, they have been working with the smuggling ring as well," Shi explained.

"That's....crazy....", I spoke, almost speechless. "We need to work fast. A person was murdered here and a person was murdered on the other side. It's possible that this person was able to have access to both parts of embassy in some particular way. There must be more investigating we must do."

I took quick notes on my notepad and placed it in my pocket, "I shall help you investigate."

I noticed Miles look down, feeling unsure about my decision.

"Don't worry, the more the merrier right? I was dragged into this mess, I might as well help all of you out of it."

Franziska was surprised but then she placed a hand on her hip and grinned, "You haven't changed a bit, haven't you, Natalie June. You're still as reckless as usual."

"Natalie, this could be the most dangerous case you have ever had to deal with. We are dealing with a possible leader of the smuggling ring. This will not be easy," Miles explained to me.

I crossed my arms, "I stood up to a channeled spirit that wanted to kill me. I think I can deal with a leader of a smuggling ring."

Shi watched Miles and I as Miles slowly created a smile, "Very well. You will stay here and investigate while the others and I investigate on the other side. We will try to figure out how the culprit was able to go to both sides of the embassy."

"Sounds like a plan," I replied.

"Be sure to call me once you have found something. I will call you as well. We shall meet at the theater then."

"Okay."

Miles left with his group as I was left standing in the room with Shi, Ms. Oldbag, Larry and Franziska.

Shi chose to ask the question he has been meaning to ask, "Why did you choose to do this case even though it wasn't yours to start with?"

I took a moment before I turned around and sent him a look of confidence, "When there is a case to solve, I have learned to never lose my grip on it. Even though this was unexpected, it involved my friend being accused. When there is a case like that in front of me, I must take it. That's just the way I work as a lawyer."

Shi was amazed and then he smirked with closed eyes, "Heh....that sounds like something you said before when we were in college."

"Huh?"

He looked at me, "You definitely never changed."