Chapter Two

When I awoke, I was sore everywhere. My eyes fluttered open, but for nothing. It was pitch-black-dark in here. My hands moved around, colliding with metal. I was in a net. Well, a solid net made of metal. I wasn't restrained though, my legs and arms were free. I slowly moved around. My eyes adjusted quicker than humans, so I could see almost everything now. I was in a room, by myself. There were no guards at the doors. This net was flimsy. I could break by self out and hopefully escape.
Then there was a very loud clang. I jumped, and alerted all my senses. Then I was blinded by a very bright light. The whole place—as far as I could see—was lit up like this room. I prepared myself, for if I could see, so could they, which means they'll probably come in soon. I fingered behind myself, reaching for my bow. It was gone. I searched the room. On the other side of it, on a table lay my bow and five arrows. Now that I could see the net I was held in, I grabbed at a side, and tore at it. It barely budged. Ok, this will take time, but I can get out. I kept on prying at the bars, but I made little to no difference. Then I heard footsteps. I stood in a defensive crouch. At the door there was four men. Two armed, Demetri, and a man who I hadn't seen before.
"Stay at the doors, you'll hear if something goes wrong," said the mystery man. He reminded me so much of someone, but I couldn't put a name to it. I brushed the thought away, I didn't need any distraction while talking to him. "How do you do? My name is Tom," said Tom. I was fascinated by this Skyperson. I only had heard of one who could speak Omatician. I just stared at him.
"She speaks English, you know."
"Yes, I am aware of that, Demetri. She is far to bright-looking to only speak Omatician," I was surprised by his reply.
          "Why am I here?" I spat at him. I know he was trying to be friendly, but I was hungry, thirsty, and fed up with this.
          "Are you familiar with the 'Avatar program'?" I nodded. "We are trying to start it up again."
         "My people will die before we give ourselves up to you again." Demetri looked at Tom with a questioning look on his face.
          "Well, last time I checked, your father came from that program," I glared at him. How on Pandora did he know that?
            "So you spy on my people, then kidnap their children? Do you think they will co-operate with you, knowing you killed one of our people and kidnapped another?"
           "She's smart! She'll be perfect," Tom's hand came to the lock on my cage, and he unlocked it. They both stepped back. I examined them one last time. Then I kept from the solid net. I jumped off Demetri, causing him to collapse. I lunged for my bow, just dodging the bullet that came from Tom's concealed gun. I turned around, loading my weapon. Demetri was on his feet cursing.
           "Kill her already!" He shouted.
           "Sir, we have a situation."
           "We have a situation here too!" shouted Demetri.
           "The Natives are in the building."
           "Flush them out then!"
           "Who's giving the orders here?" Demetri rolled his eyes.
             "How many?"
            "At least eighty, sir," Tom cursed.
            "I'll be there in a second, I need to take care of her," while they both turned to speak to the guard, I attacked. I jumped across the tables, and landed on Demetri's shoulders. I put my bow across his neck, which could strangle him. Tom stood wide-eyed.  
          "What? Stupid, stupid Sypeople. Because I am a child, you don't think I can kill someone?" Demetri's eyes were probably as big as Tom's. Tom pulled out his gun and loaded it. I grabbed one of my arrows. "You should have never come here," with that I stabbed Demetri in the back with the arrow and ducked Tom's bullet. Tom's bullet that never came. He wasn't even holding the gun anymore. I darted through the doors, the armed guards were gone. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. As I was looking behind me, I ran into someone. My heart skipped a beat again. I stepped back and loaded my bow in one movement. It was Jake. I lunged into his arms. He stumbled back a little bit. "Father."
"What happened?" I realised I was covered in bruises.
"I was kidnapped, and they killed T'su Mactay," I managed to say. Then there were running footsteps coming from down the hall. Jake stepped in front of me and unsheathed his knife. Tom came around the corner. He put down his gun and Jake put down his knife. They just looked at each other. "Father?"
"But...you...died..." Said my father.
"Almost. There was a hell of a lot of surgery done though. By the way, nice body. Can I have it back?" I was confused. Then it hit me. Tom looked very familiar, very familiar to Jake.
"Father, let's go," I tugged at his arm. I hadn't done that since I was four.
The scene was odd. An eleven-foot-tall Na'Vi staring at a five-foot-tall human. Jake finally backed up, knowing his people needed to get out of here. I bolted, knowing my father could take care of one Skyperson. I waited around the corner. BANG. I jumped and bolted back to my father. He was kneeling on the ground with his hand over his left shoulder. I loaded my bow and shot at the Skyperson. He was running away, so the arrow never reached him. "Father, are you OK?" I whispered. He nodded.
          "We need to get out of here. Who knows how many are dead already," he tried to stand, and he barely could. I wasn't tall enough to support him, so he was more or less on his own. "It's really not that bad, I ducked just in time, it only skimmed the top of my shoulder," I was pretty sure he was OK, but it's the shock of who tried to kill him that was really bringing him down. We made our way outside. I don't know how long I had been knocked out here, but the moon was just coming up. Jake lightly elbowed me. "Call them in," I made the special hoot-and-whistle call, alerting whoever was here. Almost immediately our people came from the building. "Is every one here?!" Jake shouted. They all nodded. "Good, let's go."