Colten ripped open the electricity bill and made a face, “This house must suck energy.”

“This house should be condemned.” Peter laughed.

Colten dropped the bill to the counter and looked to him, “Something like that.”

“So Rodeo?”

Colten grumbled, “I'll meet you there.”

“Well, we can all go in my truck.”

“No. I have plans for the morning...” He trailed off and looked over the next bill.

Peter laughed at him, “Doing what? Picking your nose?”

“I have to take Abigail Redding and her horse there.”

Peter stared at him, “Why?”

Colten glanced over but looked back down to his mail, “Her truck broke down and she doesn’t have a ride.”

“Her dad has a brand new truck.” Peter argued.

He threw the mail all aside and walked back over with his coffee, “It's a long story.”

Peter lifted an eyebrow, “Dude, I thought you were doing Sarah.”

Colten stared at him, “What the heck, Pete?”

He backed off, “Just saying.”

“I'm just helping her out.”

“Okay, but why would you help out a human? Oh, is she paying you or something?”

“No.” Colten snorted and took another few mouthfuls of his coffee, “And what's wrong with helping humans?”

“You're such a good-doer, Colt.” He poked at him.

Colten rolled his eyes, “Let's go out to the barn and see what we can do. I want to fix it the best we can before another storm rips through.”

Peter followed him outside, “So Tyler said to me last night he thought he saw Mateo in town the other day.”

Colten looked to him and paused his step, “Well, did he?”

Peter shrugged, “He was drunk.”

“I doubt Mateo has enough balls-”

Peter smiled and Colten stopped mid sentence from it.

“What?” Colten snapped at him.

“Mateo took over Oscuro two weeks ago.”

“What!” Colten moved towards his beta, “Why didn't you tell me!”

“I thought you knew!” Peter argued.

Colten rolled his eyes and put a hand on his forehead, “What? No, I did not know!”

“Are you alright?” Peter looked him over.

“I just really don't need Mateo and Oscuro drama right now.”

“He's not dumb enough to test us.” Peter tried to brush it off for him but Colten wasn't feeling the reassurance.

“Do you know why he got Oscuro?”

Peter made a face.

“You know!” Colten pointed at him and stared, “Why do I not know anything!”

Peter shrugged, “I don't know, we haven't had a meeting in so long.”

“Alright!” Colten threw his hands up, “We're having one, we're having one next week... on Wednesday.”