The slender touch

my sister my beautiful amazing funny baby sister. she was out on a trip with her school to the zoo and she never came back. people say she was kidnapped, murdered but I thought different there was no trace of her anywhere not a speck of blood nothing she had just gone as if she had fallen off the face of the earth.  she had been having nightmares for a while before she disappeared about a man, a tall man in a plain black suit. she told me that he didn't have a face but that he was a kind man. he wanted to take her away from all the hurt and bad in the world. my parents are drunks so they just shook this off saying that she was just imaging it. I was scared for her. I had previously read a story about the slender man who comes and steals vulnerable children but I didn't really believe it until the day my sister disappeared. 

it was a dull day out side mum as usual was shouting at dad for not doing something. my sister was rudely awoken by a glass being thrown downstairs. she came running into my bedroom for comfort. I looked at the clock and realised that it was rime to get her ready for school. I grabbed her red sweat shirt, white polo shirt and her black trousers and helped her to put them on.   it wasn't long after that when we walked out the door slamming it behind us just to remind our parents that we still existed.

we got to the school gates and I kissed and cuddled my sister goodbye as I handed her over to her teacher. she was a sweet old lady who always spoke to me I trusted her with my sister I know she can be a bit of a handful.   

I waited just to see my sister get into the class room safely then I began my walk home.  I stopped on the way to pick up some milk from the corner shop and to talk to my friend bryony who lived next door to the shop.  she was so beautiful she had long blonde hair and the most perfect face and then there's me short messy brown hair and a face full of black heads. I kept asking my self how such a beautiful popular girl could be friends with me but sometimes I just think she's using me.

I continued on my walk home only to see my mum throwing my dads things out of their bedroom window. "not again" I thought to my self as I began to help my dad collect his things from the side walk. it wasn't the first time my mum had thrown my dad out. I know that they are both alcoholics but why did they have to fight like this.  I was beginning to get fed up of this I had grown up in this horrid environment I didn't want my sister to go through the same thing I did. all the hurt and pain, the sleepless nights and the nightmares.  I told screamed at  my mum to calm down and spat at my dad and told him to go to the trashy motel where he meets his hooker. I loved my dad but he was no good, even poison he cheated on my mum all the time and he's the reason my mum relies on alcohol. I returned into the house and comforted my mum who was in a heap on the floor. she was crying so much it was like one of my sisters tantrums.  " it will all be ok mum" I gasped as I looked at the time, it was almost 3 so I went to pick up my sister but for once I was not alone mum had decided to come with me as she needed the air. 

we approached the school gate and my sisters teacher was waiting for us by the gate like always but she seemed upset, I couldn't see how as today was the school trip and my sister wouldn't stop bugging her about seeing the penguins. we approached my sisters teacher when we were diverted into the school office "oh no" I thought. "what has my sister done".

we were greeted by 2 burley police officers and all of a sudden mine and my mums hearts sank. we were met with the words "your daughter is missing" I couldn't believe it I was suddenly over come with the urge to vomit. my beautiful little sister gone. "WE HAVE TO FIND HER!" I screamed. my mother just sat there in pure silence muttering the words "its all my fault". I didn't quite understand all I knew was that someone had to tell my dad and I didn't want it to be me. I hated him I hated him for what he did to my mum. I resumed my seat and burst into tears. I couldn't think straight all I could think about was the dream my sister told me about the tall, faceless kind man.