¢нαρтєя 10

En başından başla

"Ichigo!" both of the men on the sidelines shouted as a particularly large explosion erupted from behind the wall. Hotaru focused her attention briefly on them, since her view of the fight had been blocked.

"It really was pointless to begin with, picking a fight with a lieutenant..." the fourth division member said with a quivering voice.

Finally, the battle came back into view, both men looking rather worn out. Hotaru could barely make out what was being said, but whatever it was really pissed Renji off.

"Bullshit!" he shouted randomly, releasing Zabimaru and swinging the blade like a whip about his head. "Rukia's crime got more serious 'cuz YOU freakin' took her powers!!! Do you get it? It's YOUR fault! It's YOUR fault Rukia's gonna be killed!!!"

"I know that!" the ryoka said, blocking the full force of Zabimaru with his blade. "That's why I'm...gonna save her, dammit!!!" he shouted and with that, he snapped Zabimaru backwards.

Hotaru's jaw had dropped so far it was practically scrapping the ground beneath her. This whole time, all the ryoka wanted was to save Rukia, and here Renji was trying to STOP him?! It made no sense, none whatsoever. Hotaru cursed under her breath, wishing Renji would wake up before something serious happened, like during their fight right before.

Thinking back on it, she clutched her side in pain. Pulling her hand away, she saw that she had reopened the wound somehow, probably in her struggle to stay perched inconspicuously on the roof.

Their motives finally known, Hotaru waited on baited breath. There was no way she would be able to stop the fight without any one side being fatally injured, but she knew she had to try. But really, what could she do?

Renji had overcome the ryoka and was preparing to administer his final blow. The resulting explosion was deafening, and the amount of dust it kicked up made it impossible to see what was happening. Hotaru stood up over the roof and almost lost her footing just trying to figure out what was going on. All she knew for sure was that Renji's reiatsu had changed, and it worried her to death.

As the dust settled, she could see both of them still standing, although the blow had certainly weakened the ryoka, who she was reminded to be named Ichigo by the banter between the two men on the sidelines. Upon hearing this, her surprise only grew because she recognized the name more than she thought.

Kurosaki Ichigo. She had heard the name several times before, almost to the point of annoyance. This orange-haired boy was the person Rukia talked about endlessly, the one she had given up her powers to. But it wasn't possible that a Shinigami representative, some mere human with borrowed powers, could accomplish even a fraction of what he had. Hotaru looked down to the ground deep in thought for a moment, and what happened in that brief moment of looking away made her head ache.

A huge burst of spirit power from the ryoka snapped her focus back to the fight. In an enormous hit, Ichigo had smashed Zabimaru to pieces, cutting Renji in the process. Hotaru screamed audibly as he flew backwards, although her careless disregard for elusiveness went unnoticed. He hit a stone boulder that had been created in the brawl and stood still against it for awhile.

"DAMNIT!" he finally shouted, and fell to his knees. Hotaru's head was screaming for her to move, but her legs were frozen stiff. All she could do was watch helplessly as Renji lifted an outstretched arm towards the Shrine of Penitence.

Hotaru took too long to move, but when she finally got her legs working again, Renji had risen to a stand, dripping blood everywhere. She knew she had to move closer, but she refused to tear her eyes away from him as he did the unthinkable. She made it down from the roof and around the building, just in time to see Renji grab Ichigo by the collar and launch into a major confessional.

"It's your fault Rukia got put into the Shrine of Penitence! When I thought of that, my insides began to boil...but...that's not it! It's because I didn't stop her! Back then, I...didn't tell her to go to the Kuchiki clan so she could become a death row prisoner. I thought she could be happy there. I believed that! I...wanted to surpass Captain Kuchiki. Ever since that day, I trained like a man possessed to catch up to him. But I still haven't beaten him once. He's too far. Taking Rukia back by force was beyond my ability!!! Kurosaki, I know this is shameful, but I'm begging you! Rukia! Save Rukia!!!" he shouted, near tears as he clung tightly to Ichigo's robe.

With that, Renji collapsed once more, and shortly after so did Ichigo. Hotaru ran to Renji's body and sank to her knees next to him. She watched as the two other men grabbed Ichigo and his sword. They were a little hesitant near her, so they grab him rather quickly, watching her the whole time.

Hotaru sighed and looked back down at Renji. "Good luck" she wished them softly, reaching a quivering hand out to stroke Renji's wild red hair that had fallen out of its tie during the fight. They disappeared quickly around the corner and out of sight.

Hotaru looked around her, tears brimming in her eyes, and faintly makes out a small contingent of men running towards them.

"Hotaru" Renji choked out, and she jumped slightly and looked down at him, surprised he was conscious.

"Shh, don't talk Renji, save your strength" she said, placing her hand gently on his shoulder. Renji shifted under her a bit.

"Hotaru, get out of sight before they get here" he said and Hotaru shook her head.

"What are you talking about, I'm not going anywhere" she said a little louder, and Renji started moving again. "Sit still Renji. Let it go, I won't leave you like this"

"I'm fine and they're almost here. Just think of what they'll do if you're here with me completely unharmed. You'll get in trouble. Hurry up and get goin" he said, lifting his hand up and pushing her softly away from him. It was enough of a force to make her lose balance and fall backwards off her knees. Renji laughed raspily. "You really are a stubborn ass" he said. Hotaru smiled through wet eyes.

"Takes one to know one" she said, and with that, she stood and used shunpo to make a quick escape. Once she was far enough away, she looked back to ensure Renji was being taken care of, before continuing to the 6th Division court to get changed.