"don't get any closer" She said

The district 8 boy stopped moving and put his hands up

  "I won't hurt you, I promise" He said and he walked towards Meredith

For some reason she felt like  she could trust him. She put her knife down and let him get closer to her. He sat down next to her and took a look at her neck. It was no longer swollen, in fact, Meredith was feeling much better, she was able to breath properly, she wasn't dizzy or nauseated anymore.

  "Your name is Jack right?" She asked

  "Yes, and you are Meredith am I correct" He said

  "Yes, how did I get here?" she then asked

  "I was getting chased by the careers and well I saw you laying on the ground unconscious" He started "I knew that If I didn't get you out of there they would kill you"

  "But why save me"

  "The real question is, why let you die"

The seventeen year old boy smiled at Meredith and took some things out of his bag. He had some dead mouses that he hunted before. Meredith made a small fire so he could cook the mouses. They both ate in silence. Meredith hadn't eaten in some time now and it felt good to eat even if it wasn't a lot. The night fell and Jack said he would take the first watch had Meredith would sleep. Meredith didn't actually sleep, she was to scared that Jack would kill her while she was asleep like in that previous game. Meredith deeply wished that Finnick was with her. She remembered what he told her, to just pretend that he was there with her and so that was what she did.

  "Thank you Finnick, I hope I get to see you again. I really miss home, I miss being on the beach of district 4. I wonder if you miss the beach and the sand between your toes, I really hope I'll get to go back there" She whispered like if she was talking to him

She wanted to keep talking but sleep crept up on her. Her eyes started to close but she tried to fight against it, she didn't want to fall asleep she wanted to stay awake but her body and mind wouldn't let her. Hey eyes closed and she fell into a dreamless sleep.

~*~

Dylan was sitting on the beach shore. the last thing he saw about the games was Meredith getting bit by that snake and passing out, he was sure she was dead. He picked at the sand trying not to cry thinking that his best friend died. All he did was think about her everyday and every night. He picked up some rocks on the sand and threw them into the water has hard has he cold and yelled on the top on his lungs. He then fell on his knees and put his head in his hands and started to cry. Dylan suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder, he stopped crying and looked behind him, it was Meredith's mum.

  "She isn't dead" said She

  "She's alive, Meredith is alive?" Dylan couldn't believe it, she was alive.

He jumped on his feet and went over to Mrs.Keene's house, she had a small screen which showed the games. Dylan saw with is very own eyes, Meredith laying on the floor asleep and well alive. He was so happy to know that she was okay.

  "Who is that guy with her?" Asked Dylan

  "His name is Jack, he is a boy from district 8, he found Meredith and saved her before the Career tributes could find her" Said Meredith's mum

Dylan was happy to know that someone helped Meredith, she was all alone before and now she had someone to help her through the games. Dylan and Mrs.Keene stayed watching the games all night and all day. Once it was morning in the games, Meredith and Jack where talking, Jack told her that he couldn't stay with her anymore, he told her that he was a high target for the other tributes and he didn't want Meredith to get hurt. He soon left her and they went their separate ways. Mrs.Keene didn't seem to pleased to know that her daughter was on her own again. She had just gotten someone older, to protect her and now, he left her. Dylan on the other have a nice day thought it was a good choice that Jack left her. He said that he was a high target that meant that Meredith had a bigger chance of getting found since all the tributes are look for Jack. Meredith would actually do better on her own, no one cared about her and no one was hunting her. Dylan was pretty sure people forgot she was in the games, he actually hoped that they did.

~*~

Meredith was on her own again. She understood why Jack left her and it didn't bother her. At least she knew that he was nice and that if she came upon him again he wouldn't trie to kill her. Meredith walked around the arena, she needed to find food or something so she wouldn't go hungry. Meredith didn't know how to hunt, she only knew how to fish but most of the water was dried up and there was no fish so that wasn't going to happen. She then remembered something, that she had grains in her bag. She took them out and soon got an idea. Meredith took some of the grains and put the on a leaf on the ground. She waited for a long time until two birds arrived and started to eat the grains. Meredith took off her jacket and slowly walked towards the birds. Once close enough, she threw the jacket over them. They were trapped and weren't able to get out. Meredith took out her knife and was about to kill the birds but she hesitated. She felt bad about killing the birds, it wasn't their fault they where stuck in this arena. She took a deep breath and told herself that she needed to eat. Meredith stabbed the birds threw her jacket. Once they were both dead, she lifted her jacket that now had small holes on it and bloods staines. She put it back on and picked up the birds.

Meredith got some dry wood and started to make a small fire to cook the birds. Jack showed her how to cook meat and told her how how you knew when they were properly cooked. Has she got the fire going and made sure it didn't get to big, she put the birds on a stick and started to cook them. The birds where almost ready when Meredith hear a noise. She wasn't to sure what it was but she put her fire out so no one would see it and know she was there. The noise soon became clearer and Meredith was able to make out what it was, it was two people talking and they where getting closer to her. Meredith stuffed the half cooked birds into her bag and started to run.

"Hey look someones there" yelled a girl

It was that girl from district 10 that didn't like Meredith and Teresa. They started to run after her. Meredith ran has fast has she could but the two girls where faster then her and caught up to her...

____________________________________________________________________________________ Hullo guys, just wanted to say if your confused on what this: ~*~ means, it means that I'm changing the point of view on the story. So sometimes your going to see how Meredith is feeling and sometimes its going to be Finnick or Dylan. Just wanted to make it clear, I hope you like it :)

Young Killers [The 72nd Hunger games]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें