Away

Val's POV

I walked down the sidewalk to Maks and my apartment in New York.

I jogged up to the door and pulled out my keys. After finding the shiny silver one I stopped. I ran my thumb across the words "Val's Place" written in black sharpie.

Zendaya had wrote that after I sat outside for thirty minutes without finding the right key.

I sighed and turned the key in the lock. I pushed open the door and walked into my cool house.

A note on the cabinet said, "With Anna. See you tonight. Maks."

I crumbled the more and threw it into our trash can. Alone at this place again.

Why couldn't I love someone like Maks lies Anna?

But I knew the answer.

Zendaya.

Even though I never forgot about her, I tried so hard. I avoided her attempts to contact me. I avoided looking at her pictures, her tweets, anything about her.

I couldn't do it much longer.

I pressed the home button on my iPhone and typed in my password- Valdaya. It was dumb, but that was the one thing that kept me close to my fantasies of being with her.

I pulled up my celebrity news app to humor myself with the craziness of people under fame's evil spotlight.

I slid through the stories about the Kardashians, Taylor Swift's new fling(what a surprise!), and Justin Beiber.

I was about to close the app when I quickly stop on a story.

The headline read," Popular Disney Star and DWTS Runner Up Suffers Loss and Depression."

I suck in a breath and click on the story. I begin to read.

"Disney's biggest star Zendaya Coleman, 17, recently suffered the loss of her grandmother, whom she was reportedly very close to. Coleman's grandmother passed away on Sunday, which was also Coleman's 17th birthday. She died after a 7 month battle with breast cancer. Coleman is reportedly suffering from serious depression. She expired her contract with Disney and her record label. It i also reported that there was a case of attempted suicide."

I stopped reading, my tears blurring my vision.

That's when I received the call.