Everyone groans, and Mr. Flack interrupts us by sending us off to class and telling Luke to go to the nurse to put some ice on his face.

Niall doesn't seem to be too hurt, but he's send to the nurse too, for precautionary measures.

The rest of the day is spent whispering about the fight, or hearing whispers about the fight and joining in. Everyone is on Niall's side of course, and I even hear some girls saying how courageous it was of Niall that he punched Luke.

Detention starts at three pm until six, and I have no idea what I'm going to do for three hours. On the plus side, I'm in detention with everyone at my table so it won't be that boring.

The tension in the room is however suffocating, because Luke is at one of the tables, and Niall is sitting right across from him.

We've got Mr. James as our supervisor today, but we know we won't be as lucky tomorrow. Mr. James makes sure that the hallways are clear before he shuts the door and goes to sit on his desk, facing us as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"So can anyone tell me what in the world went on today? Why did you punch each other like crazy?"

Obviously everyone knows, but no one wants to go first. I see Niall looking at me like he doesn't know whether I want Mr. James to find out, so I take it upon myself to explain the whole thing. I mean after all, the fight technically started because of me.

"I slept with Niall." is probably not the best way to start a topic, especially with a teacher. But to hell with it, 90% of the people here are my friends and Mr. James is a Sex Ed teacher, so this shouldn't be news to him.

"You did what?" Mr. James asks, leaning forward.

"I slept with Niall."

"Why you were with Luke?"

"No. A long time after that. But Luke was too mad about it for some reason-"

Luke perks up and interrupts me. "Because you didn't want to have sex with me, when we were together for like two months, but you slept with this poor excuse of a human being!"

"Luke, calm down." Mr. James warns, looking at him, and then at Niall. "So is this the reason the fight started?"

"He called her a slut, so I had every right to punch him and break his nose." Niall explains, leaning back into his chair.

Everyone in the room is quiet, and I feel too exposed for some reason.

"So let me get this straight. Luke, you were mad because Renee slept with Niall and not with you, then you called her a slut, and you're still wondering why Niall punched you?"

Luke doesn't answer.

"So the conclusion is..." Mr. James continues, looking around the room and stopping when he sets his eyes on me. "Did you use a condom?"

Niall and I are both silent.

"Did you use a condom?" Mr. James repeats himself, this time louder.

"No."

"What was that?"

I sigh. "No."

"Dammit! Weren't y'all listening when I was telling you about the risks of practicing unsafe sex? What if you get pregnant? What with happen then? Are you willing to jeopardize your future because you had sex once and weren't careful enough to use protection?"

I look down at my hands.

He has a point. But I'm supposed to get my period this Saturday so I have a few days left before I need to start panicking.