Chapter 4

Edward smiled but I could tell he was feeling the awkwardness that instantly surrounded us.

"Hey Ali" he forced out.

Then his eyes went from me to Stephen and so on.

"Oh, right" I said realizing it.

"Edward meet Stephen," I said. " Stephen, Edward" they shook hands and Stephen suddenly realized my mother'a flowers were such a subject to see. Edward just put his hands in his pockets.

"So anyway I was just looking for your mom, my aunt sent me to give your mom a blockbuster'a card."

"Oh sure" I felt a little disappointed because I wasn't the reason for his visit. "She's upstairs. In her room. Do you want me to guide you?" I asked innocently.

"Hmm anyway I think I better get going,I have some.. Issues to do." Blurted out Stephen.

"Okay, goodbye. See you soon ok?"

"Sure" he kissed me on the cheek and left.

Edward and me just stood there.

"Yeah sure" he said as a matter of fact.

He opened the door and I walked past him.

I led the walk and stopped on my mothers bed room. She was weeping the floor. She looked up when she saw us.

"Hi Stephen" she greeted.

"Hi Mrs. Gray" he greeted.

"Oh please call me Jenny" she smiled.

"My aunt sent me to give you back this blockbuster's card. She said thanks" he gave it to her.

"Oh thanks I almost had forgotten it" she placed it in her pocket.

Edward just stood there. I stood tight behind him arms crossed. I wasn't angry or bothered at all. It was just my pose of thinking. There was this strange thing in Stephen and Edward. Like they had met before. Stephen would've told me. But we haven't talked in a long time. Plus he doesn't have to give me reports of what he does.

My mom noticed the silence.

"Do you want to go out with Stephen? I mean to the park or somewhere near because its kind of getting late."

I found myself nodding automatically.

"Ok just come home early" she warned.

And I turned around. I wonder if Edward really wanted to spend a few hours with me. Because he seems so distant now. Like he's thinking too.

I was thinking all of this while we walked downstairs. Right before we were about to open the door a voice behind us asked.

"Are you Ali's boyfriend ?''

Suzy was behind us and we both turned around.

I was looking at my sister while she pulled a little part of Edwards polo.

"I'm afraid not, sweetie" he responded sweetly.

He seemed so cute. I smiled but erased it quick enough for him not to notice it.

She giggled and walked away.

"Shall we go?" He asked me. He was smiling and those sparkly blue eyes of him a captivated me. It seemed like time stopped. I was just looking at him. Oh how I wish I could see what was going on in his brain.

"Sure" I said. And he opened the door and I stepped outside to a beautiful orange sky.

We walked down the block.

"So.. Today's sky is beautiful" he pointed out.

I threw my head back and looked at it.

Sure enough it was beautiful. Like someone just painted with watercolors it. Strikes of orange, light orange, and tangerine.

"Yes, You know now that you point it out I realize I don't pay much attention to it. I don't get why" I confessed.

"Well maybe it had been waiting for you to notice it so it can spread out it's prettiest colors" he said poetically.

"You're such a poet"

He laughed.

"I don't think so. I just think I see things in a different way people usually do."

I laughed. "That's exactly what poets do"

"But I'm not a romantic person" he confessed.

"Well maybe your romantic way hasn't shown because you haven't been really in love" I can't believe that. I don't know why I did when I don't know anything about his life.

"I think so" he paused. "But it can show anytime" and he smiled at me.

I blushed.

We kept walking. In front of us a bunch of guys were walking in opposite direction. They were bad guys. You know the kind that always drink too much on parties and have a lot of girlfriends. And the were just rebel guys, and they were very rich. They were about to pass by us when they stopped.

"Hey Edward!" One of them said. He was blond and wore an Abercrombie tshirt.

"Hi Finn" Edward said back.

"How ya doing?" He paused and looked at me. "Wow I think you're doing good. How are you beautiful Ali"

I rolled my eyes and didn't answer him. He was such a brat.

"Hi guys" he greeted the rest of them. All of them were well dressed, mostly from Ralph Lauren and Abercrombie. Each of them must use a liter of cologne because it stinks in here. They were all good looking but they were guys that did not respect.. Anything.

"Hi" they greeted back.

"See ya later" Finn declared and moved on.

We kept walking.

"Edward..." I started but I didn't want to sound like mom. Ugh.

"Yeah I know. They are not good company. But Ali as long as I don't hang around too much I'll be okay. Okay?"

"Okay" I sighed.

"Just be careful" I muttered.

"So... Why don't we go back to your house? It's getting late and I don't want your mom to get angry with me"

I sighed. I didn't want to go back to the house. He was becoming distant. I felt my eyes teary. Oh why am I being so sensible. Ugh ugh ugh.

"Yeah"

We started walking towards the house.

"So.." He moved the collar of his polo.

"Wow it's hot in here" he realized.

"Yeah it gets like this every year"

"Do you know anywhere like a water world or something?"

"Oh yes there's this big waterworld in the the outskirts of town. It's rally fun to go" I described while pictures of my childhood came to me.

"Why don't we go tomorrow?" He asked.

The question took me by surprise. Maybe he's a little unpredictable.

I smiled. "Sure. At what hour?"

"Why don't I pass for you like around noon? We an spend the rest of the day there. We can buy something there to eat"

"Sound great"

We arrived at my front door.

"See you tomorrow" he said nervously.

"See you tomorrow" I repeated and stood on my tiptoes to kiss him on the cheek.