Chapter Ten - A Tight Unit

Bắt đầu từ đầu

What are we doing here? I wonder. I've never had a surgical training in Central Park before.

Dr. Strong approaches us with Sandy, the second surgical nurse on our team, and gives Bodhi a big pat on the back.

"Why don't you tell us what we're doing today, Bodhi? After all, this was arranged per your request."

"Thanks, Dr. Strong," Bodhi says. "Now huddle up, everybody. Let's go." He claps his hands and everyone jumps to. We all step in. My shoulder bumps into his bicep and my entire body rushes with heat. His sweat is really pouring now and his pheromones smell like cola, tobacco, coconut, and a leather couch rolled into a tight, sexy package. Please don't let me faint. I make sure my knees aren't locked. I try to breath at a normal rate and look at the ground. Just don't look into his crazy, sexy eyes.

"This kind of team building might seem unorthodox in our field," Bodhi tells us, "but I'm not very orthodox, so Dr. Strong has asked me to share with you all some of the team building I've learned through my travels. We have come together to change neuroscience as we know it, thus we must work as a tight unit. Today, we will explore each other in the physical realm using our minds and bodies as one, melding together to become a cohesive unit. I, for one, am excited to see what comes of it."

Tight unit? That's what she said. I need some space or I might just start humping his leg. Seriously. I'm about to step out of the huddle when Dr. Strong steps behind me and takes both Bodhi and me by the shoulders.

"Just a reminder, we are not here to get injured. So let's use some caution," he says. "We've got two of the most brilliant minds in science here. I don't care what you two do with your bodies, but let's keep your brains intact."

I should leave. I can fake an ankle sprain. That worked in third grade P.E. Why not now?

Peter, padded in football gear from head to toe, bumps me from behind.

"I have some extra helmets and pads in my bag if you need them," he offers, speaking through a mouth guard.

"Actually," I say, "I'm good."

And then, my worst nightmare and happiest sweet dream happens. Bodhi takes off his shirt.

"Shirts versus skins. Who's with me?" he asks, wiping the glistening sweat from his large pectorals and washboard abdominals.

I pull my gaze away from him and look at the rest of team.

"Nah," Mark says, waving him off. "I'm good."

"I had a large sandwich," Amir confides in us all. "I'm a little bloated."

"I'm game," Javier announces, slipping off his t-shirt and revealing that he has a pretty hardcore workout going himself.

Sandy, the new nurse on the team, begins to pull off her shirt.

"Sandy," Dr. Strong barks. "You can keep yours on."

She nods in agreement and begins stretching.

"OK, with that in mind, let's build some team spirit, trust, and healthy competition!" Dr. Strong yells, followed by a loud blow of his coach whistle.

First, we each stand on a rock and fall backward into each other's arms. That goes well, except when Bodhi falls and his perfectly round ass lands directly in my hands. It wouldn't have been a big deal, but I blush and he sees me, so there's that. Then we play a series of short sporting games: badminton, volleyball, and rowing. Bodhi decides to split the rowing teams into two boats. Bodhi, Mark, Sandy, and I are to row in one boat, while Dr. Strong, Peter, Amir and Javier row in the second boat.