Chapter 1

Amethyst's POV

Ugh...I hate taxi's so much. Right now my best friend Alice and I were in Australia for part of an exchange program.

Since neither of us have a car or a licence we were taking a taxi to go meet the people we would be living with for the next two years, I hope their nice and like us!

The car ride felt forever and I could feel myself falling asleep from the lack of sleep I got on the plane.

***

Soon enough we finally arrive at the house and it's HUGE! It has a three car garage and a double door entrance, it looked amazing. We paid the taxi driver and grabbed our luggage and walked to the front door, knocking twice before someone answered. A girl about our age opened the door. She had dirty blonde hair and green eyes "Hi! You must be Alice and Amethyst! I'm Charlie! Zoey is just inside, come I'll introduce you to her." She said and walked back into the house helping us with some of our bags.

We walked in and walked into what I assumed was the living room. It had a flat screen T.V and a couch with a few chairs. "Zoey! This is Alice and Amethyst." Charlie said. "Oh hi it's really nice to meet you both, I hope you like it here because your stuck for a while" Zoey laughed as she flicked the dark bangs out of her face.

We decided to order pizza and just try to get to know each other so while Alice and I unpacked with the occasional help from the girls we just talked and talked and talked. It was like we had known each other forever. I ended up having a lot in common with both of them. The girls were hilarious and we ended up just talking until about 3:00am when we decided to go to bed because school started tomorrow.....ew

***

Alice's POV

I was so tired and the jet lag was terrible. The taxi drive form the airport was about twenty minutes but it felt like hours. My earphones were stuck in my ears and turned all the way up playing 'The Phoenix' by fall out boy as I played with the buttons on my flannel.

Amethyst was just sitting there looking out the window and also had earphones in. I pulled out my earphones and I automatically heard her music, she was playing 'remembering Sunday' by all time low. I smiled at the thought of this new adventure I was spending with my best friend. We have known each other since we were babies and have been best friends ever since. I don't there has ever been a day were we haven't talked to each other.

We finally pulled into a long driveway. My eyes widened at the sight of the house and I heard Amethyst breath out a "wow" as she touched the glass window.

She looked over her shoulder to look at me gave me an excited smile as I squealed in excitement.

My mind was just blowing up with excited thoughts about how our new lives were going to be. The next two years of our lives were going to be life changing.

***

we got to the door after struggling with our large suitcases. Sweat started to form on my forehead and I automatically wiped it off and then regretting it because I had probably wiped off my makeup, which annoyed me because I at least wanted to look some what presentable to these new people.

When Amethyst knocked on the door and a girl that looked the same age as us opened the door with a smile on her face and let us in, helping us with our luggages.

We went to bed really late and I just fell asleep as soon as I closed my eyes.

***

Then I was being waken up as light streamed through Am and I's room.