Shattered

The intense pounding at your ribcage and utter despair welled up inside your stomach added to the hastiness of finding the right place to hide. Dashing through the forest out in pitch blackness with two crazed "friends" that were fully capable of ripping your head from your shoulders wasn't an option, so taking shelter in an abandoned mansion was the last desperate choice you made. Their screams of telling you to stop only made your pace quicken as the lump in your throat became larger with every passing second. Streaming down your face were the tears of utter disbelief from what you just heard mere moments ago. Almost tripping over yourself, you made your hasty escape through the rotted wooden doors of the mansion. Not even looking at the dusty and dark surroundings of the living room, you hurried down the nearest hallway well aware the rumbling footsteps only 50 feet behind you. Sprinting down this musty and ominous corridor, the mossy old wood beneath your heavy footfalls broke open.

            "N-no..." you whimpered helplessly as your left foot was pinned between two planks of wood pinching your toes completely numb.

            Huffing and heaving and only illuminated by a single stream of milky light of the moon, the two murderers turned the corner of the corridor behind you. Sniffing back a line of runny snot, you snapped your head back fearfully. The mere sight of those two sent tremors of horror through your defenseless state as you swallowed thickly in an attempt to make the lump go away. Both of their expressions made you gasp in shock and only made tears pour from your swollen eyes even more.

            "P-please, I'm sorry," you choked out to Reiner who you knew was going to be the one to kill you first due to his downright furious complexion along with his fists so firmly clenched his knuckles were as pale as the moonlight.

            Bertholt gulped masking his frightened state as he worriedly glanced at Reiner.

            Leaning all your weight back in an attempt to free your trapped foot only made the planks pinch harder on your toes. You were becoming increasingly desperate as Reiner suddenly stomped closer making the entire corridor vibrate. Letting out inaudible whimpers wasn't making him slow down as Bertholt just stood there shaking like a leaf.

            "I'm sorry!" you fell backwards and put your hands in front of you in a weak defense attempt breathlessly choking out repeatedly, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sor-," Reiner lunged at your throat and clamped with his huge calloused hand so tightly, the lingering lump in your throat exploded and sloshed out of your mouth as a spray of spit.

            He jerked you up from the floor easily freeing your foot from the wooden planks. With what little moonlight you had to see with, all you could make out in the dark was a blurry image of Bertholt just stiffly standing at the corner of the corridor with his clammy hands over his mouth suppressing his sobs of fear.

            "Do you think I like doing this (f/n)!?" Reiner snapped at your weakening form, "do you think I like running around concealing my true murderous self behind this mask?!" you didn't respond since your arms were now hanging limply at your paled figure as drool dribbled out of the corner of your mouth. Everything around was getting cloudy, the pain around your neck was numb, and your head lolled back as you slowly lost consciousness.

            "ANSWER ME DAMMIT!" his tone was more desperate as he shook you violently back and forth; your limp body flailing about like a ragdoll in his inhuman grip.

            Bertholt gasped and shouted, "S-STOP IT!" he then slapped his hands back onto his mouth moist from spit, sweat, and tears.

            Reiner seemed to snap out of his delusional murderous state to discover your lifeless body in his grip. He simply released his hold on your throat and you plummeted to the floor. The last of your consciousness that you held onto by a thin string vanished as the back of your head cracked on the wood below. A small puddle of blood oozed from the split in your head and soaked through and stained the wood.