t w o

You've got to be kidding me, right? He's my teacher?

"Okay class, let's go over some of my rules for this class that I expect everyone to follow", Mr. Hill says.

He starts explaining how things are done in his class but I'm not paying attention. Time is passing by and Tony isn't here still. If I did something like this, he would throw a fit.

"Jordan!" I'm snapped out of my thoughts when my professor calls my name. "What did I just say?"

I try to think back to what he was talking about but I had no idea. "I don't remember", I say quietly. "Sorry."

"No need to say sorry to me. Just know that at this rate-", he is interrupted by the door opening and Tony walking in. Thank you.

"Hey, sorry I'm late", he says to Mr. Hill. He rolls his eyes and continues talking to the class.

Tony takes a seat next to me and doesn't say anything. I didn't know if I wanted to ask him anything because I knew he'd get annoyed.

"Hey. What took you so long?", I asked.

"It was nothing important. I'm here now though. That's all that matters right?", he smiled.

As soon as I was about to say something but I was stopped by Mr. Hill.

"If you're going to talk and not learn anything, go ahead. But talk quietly because other people are tying to learn", he said staring directly at me.

"Hey man. Just chill. We'll be quiet", Tony assured him.

Mr. Hill gave him a look and continued on with his lecture. Everything he would ask me a question, I said I didn't know. I could tell that he was getting annoyed.

After that, class went on. Usually, I loved to just sit there and listen but I couldn't get over tony and the fact that he thought I wouldn't notice the faint red stain on his lips. It seemed like he tried to wipe it off and failed miserably.

When class was dismissed, Mr. Hill told me to stay after. Tony told me he would wait for me outside and I nodded. Once everyone was out, I walked up to his desk.

He looked up at me and set his pen down. "What's going on?"

"What do you mean?", I questioned.

"I know that you aren't usually like this. I'm just asking if anything is wrong", he said.

"But this is the first day. How do you know how I am?"

"Well I have your stuff on file. I saw that all you had were A's and B's, maybe a couple of C's. I also read your essay. I know you're smart. I can also tell that something is bothering you by the way you're playing with your nails and looking at everything but me", he said leaning back on his chair, looking at me.

"I will be better tomorrow. I promise", I said trying to change the subject.

"You don't have to promise anything, Jordan. Like I said, I know something is on your mind. If you need to talk to anyone about it, you can talk to me. I give very good advice", he playfully winked. "Okay?"

"Okay. Thank you", I quickly said and turned around.

"See you tomorrow", he said.

I walked out immediately, not even waiting for Tony. I went straight to my room, leaving the door open because I knew Tony was behind me the whole time. As I at down on my bed, he walked in.

"What was that all about?", he asked.

"What's that lipstick on your lips all about?", I said with as much attitude I could give.