☁︎ 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

-

Laerra and Dorian stood beside each other as her family stood before them. Dorian's family stood beside him as they would all see her family leave. Laena had refused to let go of her sister's hand as she stood before her.

"You shall visit whenever you wish." She told her sister in an attempt to comfort her, but Laena shook her head. "Come home with us," Laena said, making Rhaenys and Corlys share a look and frown.

"You know I can not. However, when you miss me the most, send a raven. I shall answer right away." Laerra said as Dorian gently took hold of the sibling's hands. "She shall be taken care of. You have nothing to worry about or fear. We shall visit soon." He says, looking Laena in the eyes.

"Are you certain?" Laena asked, looking at Dorian, who gave her a soft smile and gentle nod. "Send us a raven whenever you need." He tells her. As he lets their hands go, Laena takes a step back.

Laenor instead took Laenas hand and gave his twin sister a nod. Rhaenys walked forward and allowed Laerra to hug her tightly. "I shall send a raven when we reach home, My dear," Rhaenys says as she cradles her daughter.

She shared the same embrace with her father as they parted before moving back toward her husband. Dorian watched her closely as he gently took her hand in his.

Rhaenys smiled softly, knowing her daughter would be well taken care of, as she looked toward their hands, subtly nudging her husband. He glanced at the two before giving his wife a wordless nod.

Laerra frowned as she watched her family enter the carriage, Laenor holding tightly to Laenas's hand. She knew Laena would turn back but hoped she would not. As the doors to the carriage closed, she smiled and let out a laugh as she saw Laena poke her head out.

"Shall we take a walk?" Dorian whispered to her as he moved in front of her. She gave one last look to the carriage before nodding. He took her wrist as he walked them toward the water.

When they reached the beach, they stood by the water. "I assumed you would be comforted by the waves." He told her while looking at the side of her face. He smiled as he watched one rise on her face.

"You assumed correct. They remind me of home, though they are different." She told him, making him tilt his head. She smiled, turned to look at him, and grabbed his arm.

"The waves here are calmer than my home. It is new not to hear them hitting the rocks." She said, making him nod gently as his hand reached for her hand.

"When I rule, I shall build you something near the water. You could sit and read or anything you would like without the sand." He told her, and she looked into his eyes, realizing he meant what he said.

"I quite like the sand." She whispered, looking out at the water. "Mayhaps I should just give you a blanket." He said, jesting, making her laugh. "We shall have the biggest blanket made." She joked, making him return the laugh.

She realized her life would not be as bad as she had thought on her wedding day. She was wedded to a kind person, and she would return that kindness whenever she could.

-