Chapter 1

Mary cursed herself as she and Masumi prepared their bags for traveling to Japan. She looked at Masumi, who was humming to herself while packing.

Mary knew very well she wouldn't be able to walk around or investigate or do anything in her shrunken body, but Masumi will be doing everything.

It's true that Masumi was a detective, something she was doing without Mary's consent since the woman didn't want her to have anything close to criminals or police.

But the inevitable happened.

Everyday, Mary would listen to Masumi telling her all about Conan, with a blush on her face, Mouri and Suzuki, her cases, and the list goes on.

But some days were different.

On the Jet Black train, Masumi had told Mary about seeing Shuichi and being tased, about this Okiya Subaru, and about Haibara Ai. She even showed her an image of her.

Mary kept a blank face as she saw Haibara's picture, but she could tell who she was from the looks.

' This must be Elena's second daughter.... Shiho... my niece.. ', She thought emotionally.

'There is no way this was Shuichi... Must've been one of them checking he is truly dead... and who is that Okiya guy?', Mary thought later on.

And then Masumi told her about facing Kid, and how the guy undressed her and disguised as her.

"What type of a girl uses the men bathroom?", Mary did her best to remain calm but her tone was aggravated.

"The girls' bathroom was full.", Masumi defended herself.

"Not an excuse.", Mary said, 'I'm gonna kill Kaitou Kid.'.

The days were the same but Mary was getting restless, she wanted her body back as soon as possible, and she saw her daughter slacking, talking more about hanging out with Mouri and Suzuki (whom they were supposed to be means to an end), the cases she would encounter even when alone.

She tried to keep her feelings at bay, until she had enough.

"You know, Amuro-san and I technically met 4 years ago-", Masumi was explaining only to be interrupted by Mary.

"Can't you focus on the present more than the past?", She said annoyed.

Masumi looked at her confused and raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?", She asked.

"You haven't achieved anything or reached anything new when it comes to the antidote.", Mary pointed out.

Masumi looked annoyed as she said, "I'm doing my best you know.".

"Your best?", Mary scoffed, "Do you know who made the poison?".

"Well-".

"Do you know more about this Haibara?".

"I-".

"Have you talked to Kudo to come here? Or even tried to steal the antidote from him?".

"Look I'm trying!", Masumi snapped, "But it's not easy! I don't want to make myself suspicious anymore than that, especially to Ran and Sonoko!".

"You do realize they aren't exactly your friends?", Mary said coldly.

"Don't say that! They care about me! They visited me in the hospital when I was injured! They care about me for who I am!", Masumi cried.

"And when they find out why you actually came here? And when Mouri finds out you like her boyfriend? When they find out you befriended them just to get close to Kudo?", Mary asked with a raised eyebrow making Masumi clench her fists.