Chapter 11

SURPRISE!!!!!

The next day everyone woke up early. Kelly helped Amelia get ready and Amelia helped Penelope. "Lia?" Penelope turned to Amelia. "Yes Penny?" "Are you finally going to try out Max's car today?" She asked. "I don't know Penny." She replied. It wasn't that Amelia wasn't attracted to trying it out.

 After all, not everyone got that opportunity. And she had it. It also wouldn't be the easiest thing to do, since she'd had a cast a week ago. "Are you scared?" "I don't know maybe? It's a weird car. In fact, it's not even a car." "I've already tried it" Penelope smiled proudly " and it was great. I had a lot of room but I couldn't reach the pedals." She added sadly. 

"I don't know. Mom should I try it?" Amelia turned to Kelly. "Look honey. If you want to try it then try it. We'll support you, but if you don't want to, no one will force you. But I think it's a good experience. Maybe you'll pull on the pedals." They laughed together. It was true that Amelia was taller than Kelly. 

She was immensely proud of that. Very proud of her 177 centimeters. (5'10 feet ). She was even taller than some of the riders ("ahem, ahem Yuki and Lando"). "We'll ask Max at breakfast, what do you say?" Kelly asked when she was done. "Girls! Are you guys done yet? I'm hungry." Max called from the living room. "Yes!" Echoed the trio. 

At breakfast, Amelia asked Max. "I'm sure you can give it a try. I don't know if it'll be the most comfortable, but I'll help you get into it." Max smiled. "Thank you." Amelia smiled happily. Somehow the fear had left her now. She was even quite looking forward to it. "Have you made up your mind to get in my monopod yet?" 

"Well Penny convinced me to give it a try. I still think it's a weird car though." Amelia replied. They continued their conversation over breakfast. Max was checking something on his phone when he noticed that there was a new post on F1's Instagram. He opened it and noticed that it was actually Kelly and Amelia hugging. 

It was cute. The caption read, "cute hugs in the paddock, taken by fans." Max showed it to Kelly. "See Amelia someone took our picture." Kelly handed the phone to Amelia. "Oh that's nice." She remarked a little scared. She wasn't used to someone just taking pictures of her without asking, much less posting them. 

"Am I going to have pictures like this on the internet all the time now?" "No I'll make a statement that you don't wish to be published. Okay? We'll do something about it if you're not comfortable with it." Kelly answered her and Max nodded in response. "Thank you." 

"You don't have to thank us. It's our duty to take care of you and if you don't like something to sort it out, or at least try to find an adequate solution." Max smiled. "Lia?" "Yes Penny?" "Will you take one picture with me too?" "Sure! That's a given P." When they finished eating they got ready and left for their first practice of the day.