27. the dark reunion strikes again!

Începe de la început

At that point, the only reason I stayed was because he was Trey's friend. Or something.

"Don't worry," The drop dead gorgeous stranger said with a wave. "What he said isn't true— he's just delusional."

I didn't know if I should feel insulted or not, so I tried to shrugged it off— but as pain shot through my arm, I made do with a one-shoulder-shrug.

"Et plus," Rook continued to ramble, "This person was the guest in Roi du Neige's post on October 15th!"

The room immediately went cold, and I knew the suffocating pressure was 't from me. Maybe the hot student doesn't like Neige either...?

"So you're the potato from that post." The student said with a slight look of disgust. "I don't understand why Neige would ever collaborate with the likes of you."

"It wasn't willingly," I protested weakly. "I told that guy and his muppets not to post it... but they did anyways so fuck that guy. He said sorry, so that's okay, I guess..." I paused. "Say, who are you?"

The student looked insulted. "I'm Vil Schoenheit."

I forgot to look away or blink as I searched through my jumbled memory for his name. I awkwardly cleared my throat and looked away when I remembered. "Right... you're a celebrity too."

As the room went silent once more, I nervously waited for him to call a teacher or something and kick me off of campus. After all, I'm an uninvited guest in a private school— it would only make sense to send me away.

Vil dismissed me with a wave. "You look far too unsightly to have a conversation with. Go wash your face— but absolutely not in my sink. Rook?"

I blinked.

"Of course, Roi de Poison!" Rook exclaimed happily with a clap of his hands. He took my hand and pulled me up from the chair. "On y va!"

I went on autopilot as the bowlcut blond dragged me out the room and through the halls. And I let him, since my brain was in the middle of short-circuiting.

'Huh? He didn't send me out of campus?' I thought, 'What he said must mean that he wants to talk, right? Why the fuck would Vil Schoenheit want to talk with me? Can I go home? I just want to go home.'

I momentarily considered sending Idia an SOS message, but quickly ditched it when I realized I didn't have my phone on me.

"We're here!" Rook said, nudging me into the most beautiful bathroom I had ever seen. "Now I'm afraid I must depart for I have other matters to tend to! You know the way back, oui?"

'No.' I thought with horror.
"Uhm, yeah." I said instead.

"Parfait! Au revoir, Chevalier de Poulet!" With a final wave, Rook left the room.

"Wait, doesn't Chevalier de Poulet mean Knight of Chicken?" I thought outloud, but decided to push the thought to the low-priority-thoughts box.

Sweatdropping, I turned back to the sink. Like the halls, everything in the room looked like it would cost 100 robux each.

Hesitantly, I turned the faucet on with my unblotted arm. I experimentally put the blotted one under the running water. Fortunately, it helped ease the pins-and-needles sensation that was bothering me. A few moments later, I attempted to pull the magestone ring off my hand once more, but I was stopped by another magical shock.

Grumbling profanities, I looked at myself in the mirror and almost recoiled in shock. The edges of the whites of my eyes had turned black, like my arms.

"What the fuck is going on bro..." I quickly splashed my face with the cold water and looked back up again. They were still black.

I felt awkward using Rook's towel, so I resorted to waiting for my face to air-dry.