Sakura interjected, attempting to summarise, "So, what you're saying is that everyone here..."

"Indeed," Kabuto affirmed. "They're all akin to Gaara and Lee—elite, hand-picked shinobi, the cream of the crop among young ninja. And rightfully so! The Chunin Exam is unforgiving, after all!"

Naruto's reaction was unexpected yet strangely empowering. His head drooped momentarily, and his body seemed to tremble, though not out of fear—Naruto wasn't one to be intimidated easily. Beneath the veil of his blonde hair, I caught a glimpse of determination in his eyes, fueled by the weight of Kabuto's revelation.

Sakura stepped forward, perhaps intending to offer solace, but Naruto's resolve seemed unshakeable. "It's all right, Naruto. Nothing to worry about," she reassured him, her hand landing on his shoulder.

I couldn't help but feel a pang of irritation at her overt display of affection.

But Naruto wasn't looking for comfort. With a fiery determination, he declared, "My name is Uzumaki Naruto! And none of you are gonna beat me! You got that?!" His finger jabbed assertively towards the other applicants, a challenge issued with unwavering confidence.

"What's gotten into him?" Ino questioned, tugging at my shirt for answers.

Naruto, let out a satisfied sigh. "Yeah! That felt great!"

"What are you blathering about?!" Sakura scolded, her arms wrapping around Naruto's neck in a chokehold.

Naruto pleaded, "I'm telling the truth."

"Pay no attention to my friend, he's, you know, a special-ed ninja," Sakura attempted to reassure, but the atmosphere around us grew increasingly tense, with unfriendly gazes directed our way from the other applicants.

My gaze involuntarily met Gaara's, and I observed his arm held out in front of his teammate, preventing him from launching an attack. Gaara's expression remained impassive, his seafoam eyes locked onto mine, betraying no hint of emotion.

Why was Garra looking at me?

Before I could dwell on Gaara's actions further, my attention was diverted by a sudden attack. A ninja from Otogakure, the Village Hidden in the Sound, swung at Kabuto, who narrowly dodged the strike. The speed and agility of the attacking ninja were remarkable, almost too fast for the untrained eye to follow.

As Kabuto's glasses shattered from the attack, Sasuke voiced his shock, "What's going on? He dodged the blow, but something broke his glasses!"

Shikamaru, ever the pragmatist, sighed, "His nose probably got grazed. Serves him right for acting all superior."

The scene took an unexpected turn when Kabuto suddenly doubled over and vomited, catching us off guard. I instinctively covered my nose and stepped back, accidentally bumping into someone behind me. Thankfully, it was just Naruto, not another applicant.

"WAIT—EW! He's hurling!" Naruto exclaimed, using me as a shield from the unpleasant sight. His hands gripped my bare shoulders, sending a rush of warmth to my cheeks. Naruto quickly realized his reaction and suggested, "Maybe I should check up on him..." His grip loosened, and the warmth vanished, replaced by the chill of the air conditioning.

Both Sakura and Naruto rushed to Kabuto's side, with Sakura asking, "Are you all right?"

Kabuto replied, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"You're a pushover, aren't you? Pretty sad for someone who's been an applicant for four years now," the sound ninja taunted Kabuto. "Better add this to your cards. The three applicants from the Village Hidden in the Sound will all make Chunin this year!"