Chapter 1 // Patrol

[A/N]: The first book was very much a slowburn, but I wrote it that way to make the relationship seem more meaningful and believable. However, I have withheld the couple affection long enough. Prepare yourselves for massive amounts of fluff. There will be no explicit smut because these are children. If you're here for that, get your nasty ass out of here

Regular Font = Japanese (since mha is set in Japan and they speak Japanese, but I'm not gonna write this book in a language I don't speak)
Bold Italic Font = English
—————————————————————

"Kat, where're my goggles?"

"Wasn't my turn to keep track of your shit."

You rolled your eyes at your boyfriend's response and poked your head out of the bathroom to find him lying on your two's bed, scrolling on his phone to keep himself occupied as he waited for you to get dressed.

"Says the one who was playing with them earlier because he wanted to see how big my head is compared to his," you replied, crossing your arms.

Bakugo rolled his eyes with a small sigh, yet he still stood and began searching the room for your missing goggles. You slipped back into the bathroom to continue getting ready.

It has been almost a month since the two of you arrived and settled in America, and your lives had become surprisingly normal.

You were never bombarded in public since American citizens were really only up to date on what was happening in their own state, and they weren't completely familiar with who you and Bakugo were. This allowed the two of you to train and intern in peace.

Neither of you worried anymore. Neither of you worried about villains like the League and Overhaul or the idea of losing each other. It was a relief, so much of a relief that your current lifestyle practically made you forget what happened just some months ago.

Now the two of you spent your days out and about with Star and Stripes, fighting and putting away villains, and your nights inside your apartment-like home inside Star and Stripes' agency.

You even had a mini fridge. That was the best part in your opinion. Bakugo won't admit it, but it's definitely his favorite addition too. You watched him stash protein drinks in the back of it the other day.

"Found 'em!" Bakugo yelled from outside the bathroom as soon as you had slipped on the brown leather jacket of your costume.

You stepped out of the bathroom to find Bakugo waiting outside, goggles dangling on his pointer finger.

"Thank you," you said while taking the accessory. You put them in your head, letting them rest upon your hairline.

Bakugo narrowed his eyes at you while scanning your body. His hands eventually came up to rest on his hips ad he glared at you with a stern expression.

"What?" you questioned.

"You ain't goin' out like that," he said, pointing to your upgraded costume. "You tryna get laid?"

"So you can change your costume, but I can't change mine?" you replied.

While Bakugo had changed his costume to aid him during the winter, you had improved yours so that it would aid your other quirks.

You still had your leather jacket and black boots, but, instead of slick, leather pants, you now had beige cargo pants that allowed your legs to breathe more. Beneath it all, you wore a black jumpsuit that had open patches around the shoulders, upper chest, and lower back to allow you to release Toxin easier and quicker. The hands of the jumpsuit were fingerless, but you still had your original gloves for extra protection, and, of course, you still had your aviator goggles.

"Not when you're showin' that much boob," Bakugo snapped as he pointed toward your exposed upper chest. "Plus, you're gonna be cold as hell when winter hits heavy."

"I have multiple layers," you stated. "I can zip up the jacket, and I'm sure you'll be clinging to me like a guard dog, so I'll be fine."

Bakugo huffed and crossed his arms, only proving your point more on the idea of him being an angry and protective guard dog.

"Now, less complaining and more moving," you continued while pushing him toward the door. "We have patrol in ten."

"Why're you always nagging me?" Bakugo questioned as he stopped your pushing by placing his hands and feet on the doorframe.

"I'm your girlfriend," you said in response. "It's my job. Now get out the door," you snatched your phone from the end table beside your two's bed before following Bakugo out into the hallway.

The two of you made your way to the bottom floor, you waving to each intern and employee who passed while Bakugo spared glances to the ones he tolerated.

It was Monday, which meant morning patrol. You'd spend the next few hours scanning the city and taking out any crooks, criminals, or villains. After, if necessary, you'd report any anomalies or abnormalities to Star and Stripes. When you returned to the agency, you'd indulge in training for a few hours and then have the nighttime to yourselves. This was the routine for every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Every Tuesday and Thursday, the two of you did night patrols, which were more boring since you were restricted to a certain part of the city. However, you did often catch more  villains during the night, but they were usually dumb crooks. During the day, before the night patrol, you'd do morning training.

On the weekend, the two of you would help lower the tension and stress in the agency by doing desk-work with some other interns and employees. This mostly included paperwork.

When the two of you stepped outside and into the busy streets of Los Angeles, you turned to Bakugo, saying, "I'm gonna patrol from the air. Try not to make any kids cry today."

"That was her own fault!" Bakugo snapped, referring to the day prior when he had accidentally made a child cry. "I told her  she was gonna drop that damn ice cream if she kept jumping around, and I wasn't goin' back to buy another."

"Hey, I still give you brownie points," you replied, raising your hands in defense. "I'm surprised you bought her ice cream in the first place."

"I thought it would shut her up," Bakugo grumbled as he crossed his arms.

"Maybe I should take the ground today," you began, but Bakugo immediately shut down the idea.

"You think I can't handle patrolling from the ground?" he questioned while narrowing his eyes as his lips curled back to reveal his pearly white teeth.

You knew he wasn't genuinely offended. If he was, he would've yelled, flipped his lid. However, he's never mad at you. If he miraculously is, it's because you did something stupid that couldn't gotten you hurt, and, even then, he never yells. He usually just mopes about it.

You knew he was so determined to take ground patrol not because he was offended you thought he couldn't but because he knew you'd be proud of him if he did. It'd be much easier for him to soar through the air using his explosions and scan the city from above, but you both knew he needed to work on his commutation skills. He knew it'd make you happier if he made progress in his interactions with people, positive interactions.

"Alright," you agreed, "but I don't wanna hear someone say later that you made another kid cry or that you got into another argument with a car because it wouldn't let an old lady cross the street."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Bakugo scoffed, dismissing your words with a wave. "Meet back here at two?"

"You got it, Poppy," you replied with a small grin. Bakugo exaggerated a snarl at the nickname as you used your strings to pull yourself up to the top of a nearby streetlight.

"Be careful," Bakugo stated from below as he craned his head back to look up at you.

"Will do, Poppy," you promised, blowing a kiss to the boy before taking your leave.

You swung from building to building with the help of your strings, officially beginning the day of a hero.

[EDITED]