Future Occasions & Deals

Start from the beginning

Obviously, she'd had a snarky reply to that - and narrowly dodged his punch, which was in retaliation to her words.

So yeah, while she wasn't a DELINQUENT, per say, she did like to cause a bit of trouble here and there. Okay. Maybe she was a delinquent. The exact terminology and yada yada wasn't clear to her.

Honestly, this wasn't a good way of "making friends," she had to admit.

Anyways, back to the flustered Sunny.

His entire face was colored an intense shade of pink, no doubt from the embarrassment of temporarily forgetting that Basil's birthday was coming up. "T-That—! I a-already knew that. You didn't need to remind me."

"You sure you didn't just....forget?" Aubrey wore the same innocent smile she'd use when terrorizing Kel. She rested her elbows on the surface of the table, her head held in her hands.

"It's none of your business," Sunny deflected with a dismissiveness that not even Aubrey could argue with. "Go away."

Dang. Sunny really wasn't joking. And that was, indeed, what Aubrey said out loud.

"You're...not kidding? Fine, be like that," Aubrey finally rose from her seat, flipping some of her long hair back over her shoulder again, as some of the unruly strands had fallen over in front, tickling her neck and cheek. "Byeee! Until we meet again, Snuuy!"

No response, as she turned her back on Sunny almost immediately. Plus, that nickname was as stupid as it was cute. Another silly nickname would have to be thought of.

Or maybe not, Aubrey decided in her head as she smiled to herself.

Hmmm....school was over....her own house was out of the question.....where should she go from here? Gino's?

Hm, maybe she could try going there first. Unless she got distracted....

The sun's rays hit her the moment she opened the door to get out of this place. 

*

Aha!!! There was the lollipop, whose flavor she'd totally fallen in love with.

As she pocketed it, while hunching over just in case that pink-haired menace walked by, Kim thought of what else she should take. Vance wasn't there with his huge bag, plus, he was super reluctant about stealing candy or whatever anyways.

Something something "growing up," she guessed.

So anyways, that meant she couldn't take as many candies as she wanted, which was....a lot. Bummer.  Simply filling up her pockets was all Kim had to make do with for now.

Oh, look! A Jolly Rancher, right there! Kim could almost taste the fresh coolness against her tongue - especially since today was a hot day and she was ROASTING - in her fantasy, which would soon become a reality for her.

If she picked the Jolly Rancher out of its shelf right now, that was.

Then someone giggled lightly behind her.

"Maaan. You really have a bad taste in candy! I'd pick out a Snickers, if I were you! Plus, it's easier and way smaller to hide in one of those tiny pockets."

Fuck. It was Aubrey.

Kim whipped about to face her, quickly slipping the Jolly Rancher into her right hoodie pocket. She adjusted her glasses and squinted over at the girl who was a little less than a foot away, attempting to act cool. And more importantly, not suspicious. Come on...come on....not many other people were in the store right now! Not like Kim didn't have an easy way out....

She started, "G-Got a lotta nerve, talkin' to ME like this!" Kim inched backwards, against the wall of the candy store. Her glasses nearly slid down her nose, with how sweaty her face was.

Sure. It was just Aubrey right in front of her. Just Aubrey.....who was staring her down with a smirk, her dark eyes lit up with slight mischief.

There was no getting out of this....was there? That goddammed Miss Candice would fucking kill her! There wasn't—

"Hmm? Scared, aren't ya?" Aubrey lazily stared at the nails of her hands, though they didn't have freshly painted nail polish on them as Kim had expected. "You know...a certain someone's birthday's coming up. They really like flowers!"

The candy lover gulped, Aubrey's presence seeming much more imposing despite both of them being about the same height.

"Whaddaya say? You help me give 'em a lil' something, and Miss Candice won't bite your ear off!"

What the hell?!

What was this girl - Aubrey - on? 

Unfortunately, Kim's high adrenaline levels and fear ended up making the decisions for her.

"Ugh, fine, dipshit!" Kim slapped her sweaty hand into Aubrey's open, inviting one, while looking directly away from her face. Her searching, piercing dark eyes, in particular. "You'd better not blab about this to anyone!"

Aubrey was wearing a shit-eating grin right now, Kim just KNEW it. So annoying. "Thanks~ but remember your end of the deal! I could always just.....let it slip to Candeez Nuts over here about someone taking a Jolly Rancher without paying. She's my best friend, ya know."

"You...." Kim swallowed, "you wouldn't."

She honestly didn't know, her heart beating in her chest at the uncertainty of the situation. Of course, the two would....maybe be friends. Aubrey herself would look good in pink hair - Kim imagined Aubrey's hair as that color right now. She'd totally rock that - wait, that was completely off the topic!

"You wanna try that?"

"N-No! J-Just— I'll help you with your stupid fucking birthday present! I'll take just one more Jolly Rancher..." she grumbled to herself, walking slowly past Aubrey to the Jolly Rancher section of the shelf.

Needless to say, Aubrey had upheld her own part of the deal, as the two girls walked side-by-side each other out of the candy store. Not before Aubrey paid for some...Swedish Fish....that Kim hadn't seen her pick out. With Miss Candice giving them no more than just a sickly-sweet glance, which was the usual for her. Well she did send Kim a small glare though....but given Kim's own reputation, that was customary.

"Ya bought some shit for yourself?" Kim stared in disdain at the Swedish Fish Aubrey was holding in her hands while happily strolling.

"Mm-hmm!" quipped Aubrey as the two walked past some stores. "Picked it out right before we made that deal! Wouldn't want Miss Candice on our tails for walking out of the store seemingly empty-handed, wouldn't we?"

Dammit. Kim had to give her that; Aubrey was thoughtful.

Hold up....she'd picked it out way before.....

That little shit! She'd planned this!

"Alright, Aubrey," sighed Kim as they walked towards the plaza. "Whose fucking birthday is it? Spill it!"

She stopped walking, a hand on her hip as she crossly glared at Aubrey.