9. Treat you better

ابدأ من البداية

Without a word, you stormed into Nanami's house. He opened the door without asking any questions. In fact, it was usual for you to crash into his house whenever you were having a bad day... He knew a part of having a personal part was the main reason.

Nanami followed you inside, closing the door behind them. You turned to face him, ready to whine about your lack of luck in dating but closed your mouth quickly when you noticed how he was dressed... Unbuttoned white shirt, with rolled-up sleeves that showed off his muscular arms and light midnight blue trousers.

"What happened?, he asked, his calm demeanor contrasting with your visible agitation."

You cleared your throat and looked away. You just couldn't... have weird thoughts about your colleague and best friend. Blame it all on your shitty day.

"Gojo, that idiot, made a stupid bet about seducing me, and I hate that I'm letting it bother me, but it does, you paced back and forth, the words bursting out."

Kento listened attentively, his expression serious. The two walked to Kento's bar. Yes, he was a fancy man who hated crowded places, so obviously he had a bar in his apartment. He took out a bottle of rosé, your favourite, and poured some into a shiny glass.

He motioned for you to sit down, and you did, still fuming.

"It's not just about the bet, is it? Nanami observed.
– I thought we were past this. I thought he respected me more than that... I was ready to commit to a serious relationship with him, you sighed before taking the glass of wine in your hand.
– You should talk to him, dear. Make it clear how you feel. Holding onto anger won't do you any good, he said with a soft voice."

You took a sip of your drink and leaned back against the bar chair. You let out a sigh and got up with the whole bottle of Rosé to lay down on the fluffy carpet.

"What were you doing before I barged in?, you let out a small chuckle.
– Don't lay on the ground and don't change the subject when I tell you to open up to him, Kento let out a deep chuckle.
– Shut it, I needed someone to listen to my vent, you mumbled before rolling your eyes.
– You need to shut it, Kento laughed and took a seat next to you."

You looked at Kento with an amused smile from your position. You hadn't even been there twenty minutes, but you'd already drunk three glasses of rosé.

"Come on, tell me what you were up to, you whispered.
– I was reading, he admitted. Feels good to have time for the little things, right?
– Read me a part of your book, Kento..., you said softly."

Kento got up to take his book, "Little Women."

"First, get up and lay at least on the couch. I don't want you complaining tomorrow that your back hurts, he scolded a little."

Kento had sat down on the leather sofa and was tapping his thighs gently for you to join him.

"Fine, you mumbled before getting up to lay on the couch, your head resting on Kento's thighs."

Kento smiled, satisfied that you did not fight more.

"When are you going to read me my bedtime story?, you chuckled drunkenly."