"Let me in"

Ichihoshi's hikaru POV

I sigh, I control my breath as I hold a
tuft of hair in my hands in a moment of desperation as I speak clearly

"Just..leave me ALONE Nosaka."

This is the room they assigned to me since you gave me a chance to go to Outei. More precisely, the room we share. The room that is full of your perfume, which is full of the memories in which I look at you enchanted while you explain yourself so well,  and where I secretly watch you for a few seconds as you sleep.

The quiz we took for fun to see who was smarter is still open on the computer, and when in some strange way I won, you giggled and stroked my hair, then looked into my eyes. There was a sweetness that I rarely saw in your gaze, as you told me "I had no doubts, I'm proud of you". If only you knew how much the words you say are indispensable to me.

Now I was looking down at the pavement while I was hoping you would just leave me alone and for a moment, there was silence.

It was just you and me, divided by this door. Divided by this invisible wall that just lets me know, I'm nothing more to you than a shortcut to your plans.

A voice outside the door simply says  "No."

My eyes widen as I'm still looking down, I clench my fist and the anger rises, but the tears also rise and they struggle not to fall.
I really tried to contain myself, but I couldn't. I turn around quickly as if you could see me, while the tears are almost ready to burst

"WHY won't you leave me ALONE?"

I look back down as I try to hold in the tears
"Why do you even CARE  about me AT ALL, Nosaka?"

Nosaka replied quickly at this "What are you even saying? Why are you escaping from the team? Escaping FROM ME?"

I look up as I answer perplexed "Are you seriously asking me this?"

I continue as some tears have now begun to fall
"I must be such a disappointment to all of you right now! That was MY score, that was the decisive moment of the whole match, Nosaka!" I gesture even though I know it's like talking to a wall since no one can see me.

Nosaka normally has a pretty calm demeanor, but now he can't maintain it as he speaks with an agitated voice

"Ichihoshi is not solely your fault, and you should know it well since you analyze players! The team is not in good condition for now, there have been too many games so far and now that we no longer use the Ares system, it is more tiring for many!"

I shook my head as I heard his words, while I looked to the side as if I could ignore your gaze. I was ready to argue back but he continued

"You are a midfielder and you are always constantly in the game, it is tiring to constantly have to be on alert for these "deficits", it is only normal that at the end of a match you are tired!"

But I wasn't believing it, I wasn't believing almost a word of it.

"It could also be as you say, but the Outei players are still of a very high quality, and I should have been the one to get the game back into play and help you, help all of you! Instead I left the World Cup and this is what I bring to your team, where you welcomed me."

I couldn't hide my disappointment as I spoke, which became more and more evident with every word that came out of my mouth. Anger was giving way to sadness again.

There was silence and I was struggling not to cry with all my heart

"I know I disappointed you..Nosaka."
My voice is shaking by now, crying now as I try to dry my tears quickly.

After another moment of silence, you spoke "Let me in, Hikaru."

I look up quickly as more tears fall, my eyes are wide and I'm truly surprised. "Y-you are..calling me by my name?"

Nosaka continued to talk and It's like I could sense his soft gaze through the door "There isn't a single universe in which you could disappont me for this, Hikaru."

I could feel a blush rise up in my cheeks as my eyes widened up even more "W-What?"

Nosaka told me again with a soft voice "Let me in"

I took a breath, calmed my selfdown and with a determined expression I finally opened the door.

....