She gently folded the paper note he had just written her and dipped it into her school bag.

After a few hours which seemed like years to Mira, the class electric bell rang out loudly and the teacher immediately left the class, promising to complete the topic in their next class.

The students immediately started packing their books into their bags.

Steve packed his quickly and hastily made his way out of the classroom.

Mira side glanced at him briefly, as she and Katya packed theirs and left the classroom, towards the canteen.

"Katya, I'm sorry but I need to attend to something" Mira said suddenly stopping as they strolled through the long corridors.

"What's that? Is it urgent?" Katya asked turning worried.

"Yes, it is."

"So you really need to do it now?"

"Yeah."

"You wanna use the bathroom or something?" Katya asked staring closely at Mira.

"Uhmm... Yeah, sort of" Mira replied praying inwardly that her cheap little lie wouldn't be discovered.

"Alright. I'll head along to the canteen. Should I order for you?" Katya asked.

"No, don't bother. I will order, myself when I get back."

"Okay. I'll be waiting."

"Thanks Katya" Mira said with a smile as she turned around, half running, and clutching tightly to the fancy paper bag which she had carefully hidden away from Katya's view.

When she was out of Katya's sight, she stopped to catch her breath as she climbed the rows of long stairs which led to the rooftop.

When she finally reached there, it seemed completely deserted and there was no sign of Steve there.

"Hello? Steve?... Steve, are you here?" she called out but there was no reply.

Just then, she heard a low whistle come from behind her. "Steve? Is that you?" Mira asked, turning to the direction she had heard the whistle come from.

"Mira, over here." She looked closely and saw Steve emerge from behind a very large iron crate and she walked towards him as a soft sigh of relieve escaped her lips.

"Hi Steve?"

"Hi Mira" he replied running his right hand through his long curly hair.

"Hers it is" Mira said outstretching her arms to hand him the paper bag.

"What's that?" he asked staring down at her hand.

"The cupcakes of course" Mira replied arching her brows upwardly.

"Oh, please come in" he invited going behind the crate, into an enclosed space.

Mira followed him with a confused expression.

"Wow! Is this your hideout?" she gasped, staring around.

It was a large space, fairly hidden by the huge iron crates. It was surprisingly hidden in a way that anybody who climbed to the rooftop through the stairs could hardly or impossibly notice it, unless the person had an idea and searched carefully for it.

"Well, sort of" he replied running his hands awkwardly through his wild hair.

Mira glanced briefly at him and looked away immediately before it would become impossible to do so.

'He looks hot again... How does he look so sexy even when he's feeling so awkward?'

She could feel his awkwardness and it was beginning to make her nervous. She was starting to feel his presence more strongly around her. It was intoxicating and...