He only ever wanted to be accepted. For who he is, how they dress, and who they want to love.

"Sleep?" He questions, coming to a decision.

"Yes?"

"You said you'll grant my wish?"

"Yes, of course. You want acceptance, and my other vessels will give you that and more."

"Your other vessels? How many are there?" He asks, curious, waving a hand through a passing star.

It crumbles to dust around their fingers.

"Two others, a third if you accept my offer. Two more, perhaps, but I have not yet decided." Sleep responds.

"Can you show me them? I would be living with them, it can't hurt to see what I'm getting into." They ask, eager and yet trying to stifle it, to appear not so- himself.

"Of course."

The mass of stars and galaxies directly in front of him begin to converge into an image swirling at the edges that hangs a foot away, no bigger than a hall mirror. There's a drumkit being banged mercilessly by a very familiar masked man. He beats at his drumkit with such anger it surprises his onlooker, the song filled with rage.

Its fast paced at first and then slows down to a less angry tone that keeps the fast pace. Subconsciously, they can already imagine just what riff they'd play on his bass to the tune.

The man yells out in anger as one of his sticks breaks, throwing it at the wall next to a beautiful piano that sits closed and untouched, dust beginning to settle on its bench.

"Is he okay? They seemed happy when I saw them at my old job." He asks, as the man stands and begins pacing, rubbing at his eyes as a sniffle reaches the onlookers ears.

"They were happy. My First is isolating himself again. He does not know how to let others love him, and my Second is feeling the brunt of the Firsts silence in presence and in voice."

"I wish I could hug him." They whisper, finding his legs able to move forward, kneeling in front of the floating image.

The Second moves away before he can reach his hand out, leaving the room after turning the light off.

The room changes to one covered in pitch darkness. They squint, struggling to see in the lack of light, the brightness of the universe around him making it more difficult to see into the galactic image floating before them.

"Here, my Third, a taste of the power you could have. If you accept my offer, you will gain this ability once your transformation is complete."

There is a flash of pain in his eyes, overwhelming in its intensity and they crumble, palms digging into their eyesockets. When the pain lessens, he manages to blink his eyes open, breath caught in his throat at the sight before them.

The man with the pretty mask and the smile like living sunshine is sitting on his bed, six eyes dull and lifeless as blood spills from a cut actively being sliced into his arm. He lunges forward as the First goes to make another but their hands pass right through the floating image, tears welling in the onlookers eyes.

"You have to stop him. He doesn't deserve this! He deserves to be happy! I- I hate this. Why would you show me this if I can't help him?" He cries, tears spilling down his cheeks as he kneels, trying in vain even now to stop him as he makes another cut.

"My Vessel has always done this. I will not force him to stop. Actions such as these brought him to me, and he is my most beloved. It is up to the Second, and you, if you accept, to heal his mind and heart."