So to protect myself, what did I become?

The monster you got to know, the one with fake friends, the one her parents liked because it kept them from shame, helping to erase all knowledge left of that son. Becoming the monster I was to never be treated like that and be feared so they'd leave me alone

Who'd try to hurt the prodigy that can send you to the moon with a swipe of swords in anger and never regret it?

Even now, all the use I have to my parents it a cover up, even as a victor, living gracefully with my shame.

...

Partially why, when I thought your sister would be the one to participate for the 74th, had I offered to protect her. Not wanting history to repeat itself even if tributes like these usually get easily killed, I couldn't take the risk.

And then you came along. Older sibling loving their little sister like they should, and how you'd hunt for them, protect them... I was so angry and I let it out on you. I did all I could for you to deserve what I did and you still were you... How I hated you for it."

Playing with the ring more.

"The worst scum on the face of Panem, rapist psychopathic monster of a brother that wanted to share nothing that was his with anyone and I was his... And also the person that kept me safe and loved me, protected me and showed me to ropes to being a candidate, that protected me from father's fury and mother's hate... I owe him everything and nothing... I would wish for him to burn to death while I'd fight to pull him out... The most important and the most vile person in my life."

The weight didn't seem to get lighter on her shoulders, even if she told her it was still as heavy as he'd always be with her.

The person that gave and took everything at the same time.

The one she hates and loves the most.

The one her brain and heart can't decided between furry and sorrow.

Artemis, bane of her existence and the reason why she could rise.

She knew she'll never be able to think of it differently while wishing she could.

Such was Percy.

Such was her past.

(There it a reason why I gave you two picture of Artemis.)

(Because he is equally both and I fucked up Percy so badly that she literally can't fully hate or love him

(Because he is equally both and I fucked up Percy so badly that she literally can't fully hate or love him. So messed up that all she feels is disgust and admiration, love and hate, fear and happiness... And there is no such thing as mental help in Panem so it will be hard to fix her~)

(Traumaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)