Chapter 2: Hokkyokusei High School

Zacznij od początku

Now that's everyone standing, ready for the ceremony to begin, a girl with long black hair walked in front of the stage, standing right in front of the podium.

Tapping on the mic, testing if the mic was functioning properly, she then held the microphone and began to deliver a speech.

"Welcome freshmen to Hokkyokusei High School..."

She gave out a speech marking the start of the opening ceremony.

And so, the entrance ceremony concluded smoothly, with a few (a lot) of stares drawn to me from people who were also in that said ceremony.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the entrance ceremony, I looked at the announcement board to look for my assigned classroom.

"Oh, there it is! ...Class 1-A huh ...I wonder what my new classmates would be like. Kukuku."

'All right then. From here on out, interesting stuff will begin to happen!'

I clenched my fist, putting on this sinister grin on my face, fully excited about what this so-called high school life has to offer.

"Kukuku... Ku HA HA HA HA"

Out of the blue, I started doing a diabolical laugh, laughing like a maniac in front of the announcement board.

Others around me who were also looking at the announcement board moved back,  stepping away witnessing my strange behavior.

'That guy's not right in the head' is what everyone probably thinking.

All students are now heading to their assigned classrooms.

When I arrived at my assigned classroom, Classroom 1-A, I slid the door open and proceeded to enter the classroom.

The moment I entered the classroom, students went silent as they stared at me weirdly.

Maybe it was because normally, the first day is the moment for everyone to give off their first impressions, a first glance at how much you are compatible with everyone.

Choosing your friends in high school is critical for this age, as the students assigned in this classroom are most likely the people you will be interacting with for the next three years of your life.

But I don't really care. I haven't thought that far ahead.

That is the reason why they became wary of me, as they didn't want to risk being associated with some weirdo who had such a troublesome-looking character.

Looking through their lenses, I was a foreign object out of their scope. A chuunibyou, an anomaly out of their expectations.

Chuunibyous are stereotypically perceived as being too flashy, which they are already witnessing with my "Phantom attire". Not only that, but they are also typically perceived as having unpredictable personalities, lost in their own worlds with their grandiose delusions of fantasy and magic and such. Which makes them really annoying in the long run.

In short, the possibility of me being annoying and troublesome has a very high possibility. A person who's an anomaly they don't know how to deal with.

Right now, we are waiting for our homeroom adviser for further announcements. We still don't have seating arrangements but from what I've heard, we get to choose our seats.

Of course, for me, I chose the one in the back-end row beside the window, where most main character desks are located.

It's not like I want to be the main character or anything. I just thought that the seat next to the window was the coolest.