𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴!!

Ashlyn sat in her room, curled up under the blankets with her headphones on. The group had invited her for a New Year's party, but she didn't go.

She couldn't go. Not with her ears. She already was having a hard time with her parents and their friends who came over. And she surely wasn't ready for the fireworks that her town would set off at midnight. Every year they bothered her.

Ashlyn heard her phone go off, she turned her head to the screen and saw it was a text from the group chat.

History project
(now fighting for our lives)
Sunday, December 31. at 7:38pm

Taylor
Ashlyn!! Please come over to Aiden's!!

Ashlyn
No.
I already told you guys I don't like new years.

Ben
Ashlyn, please.

Tyler
It's not a group new years without you.

Aiden
Come on!! We'll be quiet!!

Ashlyn
I do not believe that.

Taylor
Ashlyn, please!

Ashlyn
No.

Logan
Guys, if she doesn't want to come then she doesn't have to.

Ashlyn
Thank you.

Logan
We're going to her.

Ashlyn
WHAT THE FUCK?!

Logan
Either come to us or we come to you.

Taylor
And we're sleeping over here, so we would bring everything to your place!

Ashlyn
I hate you all.
Fine.
I'm coming over.

Ashlyn turned her phone off, ignoring the dings coming from her phone. She took her headphones off and shoved her earplugs into her ears, before putting the headphones back on. She grabbed a bag, and grabbed 2 blankets. She knew Aiden had plenty of pillows. Ashlyn also threw in extra clothes. She then zipped up the bag, threw it over her back and left her room.

Ashlyn got downstairs, hearing the yells of her parents—they were watching football with a few friends. Ashlyn walked over.

"Hey.. mom I'm going to Aiden's. The group is having a New Year's party and they invited me." Ashlyn told Emma.

"You sure you'll be alright? It won't be too loud?" Emma asked. Ashlyn nodded slowly.

"It's not like you guys are any quieter than them" Ashlyn thought, and began towards the door. "It's a sleepover, by the way."

"Be safe, can you text me when you get to Aiden's?" Ashlyn's mom yelled, paying more attention to the game than her daughter at the moment.

"Yeah, will do." Ashlyn then left. Jogging down her porch and towards Aiden's house. She had her hands in her pocket, and could still hear her phone going off. As Ashlyn walked down the street, she remembered something. "What's the point of this? We're gonna be transferred to the phantom dimension when the ball drops." Ashlyn didn't see a point to this now. She debated going back home. But she was already past the graveyard, and she could see the lights of Aiden's house in the distance. So she sucked it up, and continued towards Aiden's place.