"I wanted to apologize for dragging you and that other boy into my mess yesterday..." you paused, looking back at Kenji for the third time only to see him do yet another hand motion for you to continue. "I am willing– no, I am happy to do anything and everything I am able to, to ensure anything damaged is paid for and repaired."

The Captain raised his eyebrows, looking back at Kenji who watched you harshly, his arms crossed. He gave a chuckle before bending down to make eye contact with you, sending you a reassuring smile as he grasped your shoulders to make you stand upright.

"There's no need for that... Sasaki?" After you gave a nod to tell him he got your last name correct, he continued. "I am well aware that it was an accident, so you don't have to worry about paying anyone back, or repairs, or anything like that."

"Really?"

Once he gave a nod, you gave a bright smile, turning to Kenji and walking towards him giddily. "Thank you, I appreciate your understanding! Let's go Kenji, I need to get a hold of your drums before class!"

"Uh, no! Who said it was okay for her to not pay for my switch!" At the sudden disagreement, Kenji grasped your hood tightly once again, turning you around with his own strength. There stood a boy with bleached blond hair, his roots being noticeable alongside his prominent scowl.

"Kenma, it was an accident."

"So!? It's a Nintendo Switch, Kuroo! It's damaged and expensive," Kenma complained, removing his eyes from Kuroo only for them to trail to you. If looks could kill, you'd be ten feet under by now.

Before Kuroo could reply, you stepped forward, walking until you were right in front of Kenma. His glare never faltered, but he looked at you as if you were stupid. Although you had no idea, Kenma's words that were sent over the phone rang inside his teammate's minds.

"If she comes within a ten mile radiance near me, I'm going to strangle her."

Digging through your coat pockets, your tongue rested against your top lip as if you were concentrating deeply. Kenji knew where this was going, so he sighed deeply and pressed his face against his hand. Once you found what you were looking for,your eyes lit up, and you held your closed hand out to Kenma.

He stared at you in both confusion and frustration before hesitantly holding his hand out and open. You gave a grin, one in which made him wonder if there was even a thought running in your head. Allowing the contents in your hand to drop from your grip, he looked down to his open hand only to see four quarters, a nickel, a gum wrapper, and a half covered lollipop.

Kuroo gazed down at Kenma's hand, stifling his laughter as he pressed his hand to his mouth slightly. It took Kenma a few seconds to realize what you had given him for the repairs on his switch, but once it clicked, he let loose. He threw the things you gave him at Lev, who had come forward to see what was in Kenma's hand before he held his hands up in a similar way one would do if they were to strangle someone.

Kenji's eyes widened as he pulled you back quickly, Kuroo hastily grabbing onto Kenma as he held him back. "I'm going to kill you! You're actually an idiot!"

"Hey, I just gave you my last four quarters and my last nickel. How about a bit of gratitude!"

"Shut up! You're worse than Lev and that's saying something!"

"Yeah!? Well you're as grateful as Patricia Kasaki, and she's the most ungrateful, mean person in the band ever!"

"Your stupid experiments only get in everyone's way! Whatever the hell you made yesterday ruined both my day and my switch!"

"What happened to Christmas spirit!?"

"Okay! Cut it out!" Kenji cut in, pressing his hand against your mouth gently as he glared at both you and Kenma. He turned to you first, giving you a pointed look before removing his hand from your mouth causing you to sigh and look to the floor.

"Now, you know what you need to do, y/n. You either do it, or you quit the band and are banned from all lab rooms. Despite that, you have something else you need to do on top of that, yes?"

You grumbled lowly at Kenji's gentle scolding, acknowledging with a "Yes, Kenji!" At your agreement, he ruffled the hair on top of your hair before turning his attention to Kenma who still stood with Kuroo angrily.

"You'll get your switch repaired, don't worry. However, I would appreciate it if you, alongside anyone who might have a distaste for this idiot, weren't hostile towards her. She was given an ultimatum yesterday, so she will be helping with anything and everything the team needs, similar to a manager."

At Kenji's words, Kenma was about to protest before Kuroo slapped him on the back. He then gave Yaku a pointed look, the short libero shutting his open mouth in an instant. Offering a kind smile to you and Kenji, he held his hand out to Kenji to insinuate a handshake.
"We'd be happy to take her. Cute isn't she?"

"Don't be fooled, she's a handful"

"We're aware of that," Yaku chimed in, rolling his eyes as he picked up a stranded volleyball from the floor.

Their banter added to your moodiness, particularly after Kenma's abrupt outburst. You weren't refusing to pay for his switch; you had hoped a lighthearted joke might ease the situation. Unfortunately, he proved unable to take a joke.

At the thought of the setter, you looked over at where he was standing subtly, only to see him staring at you already, less angry than before. You lifted your head, walking out of the gym with your head held high as Kenji apologized for you, following you shortly after.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
𝗦𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗧 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗢𝗦      .      𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗺𝗮 𝗸𝗼𝘇𝘂𝗺𝗲जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें