Charlie McDowell | My Hero Academia

Start from the beginning

v.– relationships

mother (Ashley McDowell): As a pro hero (specifically the Hazy Hero Miasma), Ashley was away from home often, but that never stopped her from being a good mother to Charlie. She was the one who inspired them to be a hero and sparked their love of cryptozoology. Her death was devastating to them and they still find themselves trying to get over it.

father (Javier Camacho Hidalgo): Javier and Charlie are very close, as the two were usually alone in the house due to Ashley's hero work. He would engage Charlie's love of drawing frequently, encouraging them to make good use of it. He had been there for his kid through everything, from moving to a brand new city to the loss of their mother.

friends: Edwin Kirk, Vivienne Rudd, Athena Fullerton, Izuku Midoriya, Andreas Richter, the school's Paranormal Investigation Club

enemies: the big restaurant chain trying to buy out their store, criminals, big businesses in general

love interest: none, single

vi.– backstory

Charlie McDowell was born on July 16 to parents Javier Camacho Hidalgo and Ashley McDowell (or the Hazy Hero, Miasma) in Portland, Oregon. They were born without a physical head, causing them to be held over in the hospital for a week. It was discovered that their lack of a head was just part of their quirk, and that it was nothing to worry about. At the age of 5, the true aspect of their quirk manifested, causing their head to appear as a swirling, nebulous entity with no set form of its own. Throughout elementary school, Charlie was bullied extensively for their quirk and lack of a physical head. It got so bad that Javier brought up the idea of moving out of Portland, which both Ashley and Charlie agreed to.

Life in San Francisco was leagues better than Portland, as there was a wider variety of quirks around Charlie, causing them to make more friends than they ever did. With that, their confidence grew immensely. Despite the relentless bullying they faced in their youth, Charlie was known for their big heart, becoming someone they needed most as a kid.

In their freshman year of high school, Charlie was a witness to their mother's final mission as a hero, which ended with her being tragically killed by her opponent. This shook them to their core, but thanks to support from those around them, it didn't completely break their spirit. As a sophomore, they joined Oceanside High's hero course, vowing to bring their mother's assailant to justice.

...and then the fic starts.

vii.– clothing references

clothing styles: cryptidcore, grunge, crowcore

casual

❔formal

formal

❔sleepwear

sleepwear

❔hero costume

hero costume

❔hero costume

viii.– other

voice claim: Jack De Sena

hero name: Formless Hero: Paradox

theme song:

assorted fun facts:

Their favorite movie is the Blair Witch Project.

They are the student leader of Oceanside High's Paranormal Investigation Club.

They have three pet pigeons named Archimedes, Darwin, and Tesla.

Their favorite thing to turn into is a Magic 8 Ball.

When urban exploring, they'll bring their ghost hunting kit in case the place is haunted.

They love practically all kinds of ambient music.

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦

a/n: I feel like this character is the closest thing to a self-insert I have. They're not a self-insert, but I probably put the most aspects of myself into Charlie (namely the aroace stuff, cryptozoology, and pigeons).