Chapter 9: We Don't Belong to Destruction

"After that clusterfuck of an assassination, we retreated to Nudist Beach, along with the other members of the student council, and Mako's family. Satsuki was captured and Ryuko was silent for a month. I talked to her every time I had a chance, but she wouldn't say a word."

At present, you are on a ship sitting next to Senketsu as you look at the horizon, then you look at your Life Fiber arm, slightly entranced by its appearance before clenching your fist.

"And yesterday, Ryuko left. Most likely take the fight to Nui, and the truth of her must have been so shocking, she refused to wear Senketsu."

Senketsu: "Y/N, we have to go help her. I know she's been silent, but she never ignored you. You have a better chance of getting through to her than I do."

"I know. But I can't do it alone."

"Who says you've got to do it alone?" a female voice boomed.

You and Senketsu look around and try to find who that voice belonged to.

"Is someone else here? Where are you?"

"Look down."

You looked down and saw your Kamui looking at you, and you realized who the voice belonged to.

"You can call me Delta."

"You can talk?"

Delta: "I can now."

Senketsu: "How? It took me months to develop the ability to talk."

Delta: "I altered some of the Life Fibers I'm made of to mimic vocal cords. Thought it'd be easier to communicate this way."