Chapter 1

"Hu Tao wants to hang out. Park by her house," Xiao looked up at his father, Zhongli. He looked at his son and nodded. 

"Sure, Ganyu's going I assume?" Xiao nodded. "Then sure, go ahead I don't mind. Enjoy yourself. 

Xiao gave a smile, standing up from his seat at the table and heading towards the living room where his next target was. 

"Childe?" 

"Hm?" The blue-eyed ginger looked at Xiao, giving him a sweet smile, one that used to annoy him and yet, now, gave him comfort. Childe is Zhongli's second partner, but they've known each other since they were in high school. He was there when Zhongli met his future wife when they got married and even when they had Qiqi and Xiao. He was also there to witness her death and Zhongli's grief. In the end, they started dating and got married early last year- and Xiao quickly accepted him as his new dad despite hating him in his early years. 

"Can you drive me to the park where Hu Tao, Ganyu and I are meeting? It's like 5 minutes." Childe smiled and nodded, getting up and stretching his arms. 

"Sure, I know which one you're talking about." 

The both of them made their way to the entryway, Childe putting on his shoes while Xiao said his goodbyes to his father. "Let's go," Childe said, patting Xiao's back towards the door. 

The two of them got into the car and started on their way, talking about Hu Tao's lack of planning and the start of the school year. 

HU > I'm here where r u both
ME > Here let me walk to the meeting spot

Xiao stepped out of the car looking back at Childe who had just yawned. "Have fun buddy." 

"Thanks for driving me. Love you," Xiao said nonchalantly, closing the door right after. He walked towards their meeting spot, shoving his face further into his scarf which was attempting to warm him up in the cold fall weather. 

"Xiao!!" A girl's voice yelled, causing the boy to focus his attention on the girl. Hu Tao. Hu Tao was the daughter of a funeral parlor which his father had worked with in the past. They became friends as children, and never really got separated. They even live 15 minutes by walk away from each other.

They engaged in a quick one-sided bone-crushing hug before Ganyu also arrived wearing many layers and holding a small purse full of hand warmers. "Couldn't we meet at your house?" She suggested, already don't with the weather. 

Hu Tao started fake crying, saying how her grandfather wasn't home and she wasn't permitted to have people over because he feared she would probably bury one of them alive or something. 

Then suddenly, she paused, leaving Ganyu and Xiao curious. "What is it?" Xiao asked. 

The girl suddenly clapped her hands together with a large smile. "What if I introduce you guys to my new neighbour? We're already close friends!" 

"New neighbour?" The other two said at the same time, forcing Hu Tao to explain that her new neighbour (a family) had moved in about two weeks ago and she just never mentioned it. This was surprising because Hu Tao can never stay silent about anything, especially when something exciting happens. 

"Sure," Ganyu said with a soft tone. "Venti you said? Is he our age?" Hu Tao nodded, putting her hands in her pockets where she held hand warmers. Xiao shrugged, really not caring what they did as long as they got out of this cold weather. 

They agreed silently and as a group, with Hu Tao leading, they started the few-minute walk towards the neighbourhood. 

A few loud knocks were made from Hu Tao's knuckles hitting the cold door before it opened slightly, a face peeking out. 

"Oh, it's Hu Tao!" The woman opened the door fully, patting Hu Tao on the head. She had pretty long blonde hair tied up in a ponytail with bangs over her forehead and hair on the side framing her face. Her eyes were a blue colour, one that Xiao hadn't seen in many people.

"Who are these people?" The woman asked, referring to Ganyu and Xiao. 

Hu Tao smiled proudly, pointing at Ganyu first. "This is Ganyu, she's in the same grade but lives about 20 minutes away." Then she pointed to Xiao, whose hands were in his pockets and face buried as much as possible in his scarf. "This is Xiao. He lives about 10 minutes from here. We've been friends since we were kids. I think Venti would like them too!" 

Jean smiled at the girl, and then waved at everyone else, inviting them all inside. "I'm glad you came over. Venti's in his room right now studying for his entrance exam for tutoring school." Xiao spaced out as he walked in and took his shoes off. It was a very cosy home, slightly messy. Xiao thought they must be pretty well off. 

"Venti!!" Hu Tao yelled through the house, and quickly after someone popped their head out of a room that could be seen from the bottom of the stairs. The boy who did so flinched after seeing 3 pairs of eyes on him at the same time. 

Hu Tao only smiled, racing up the stairs leaving Xiao and Ganyu to slowly trace her steps. 

"Venti, Venti! I brought my friends today! They're all in our grade, so let's be best friends!" 

Venti smiled, holding his hand out to be shaken by the other new people in his house. "I'm Venti," He introduced himself kindly. 

"I'm Ganyu," The girl introduced, and they shook hands.

Venti moved his hand to Xiao, raising it right in front of him. "You are?" 

"I'm Xiao."