𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Start from the beginning

As the Auditions started, Chloe went to the middle of the floor to perform her solo. On the side, Emily and Stephanie started to talk about each dancer.

"She has to earn her place, though, you know? She's still new." Emily whispered to Stephanie as they watched the girl dance.

After Chloe finished her solo, Tiffany came out to do hers. Andie tried her hardest to watch and cheer on her fellow dancers, but her eyes were glued to Emily and Stephanie and the clipboard held in Stephanie's hands. Even though Emily was the dance captain, something still felt wrong with Emily deciding the dance positions.

West had come out to perform after Tiffany, impressing Emily when he did a backflip followed by a split drop. "That was sick, that was cool." Emily applauded

EMILY - DANCE CAPTAIN
"Dance Placements is an indicator for the hierarchy in the dance studio."

RILEY - CONTEMPORARY DANCER
"If you were placed in the front row, it means you are one of the strongest dancers."

CHLOE - BALLET DANCER
"and if you're placed in the back, it's kinda like a diss."

After James finished his solo moment, Andie came strutting onto the floor. As she danced, she pulled out all her best tricks. She wanted to prove she wasn't just a ballet dancer and that she could do more.

"She has gotten so much better as a dancer," Emily said as she watched Andie continue to dance.

ANDIE - BALLET DANCER
"I don't know what Emily and Stephanie think of my performance, but I think I'm doing pretty good. I need to show them I'm more than a ballet dancer, even though it's my strongest strength."

STEPHANIE - JAZZ DANCER
"I'm pretty confident that I'm going to get front row. Not only am I Emily's best friend, but I'm also one of the best dancers on the team."

It was Riley's turn to dance, but something was off with Riley as she started to mess up and stumble over steps during her performance.

RILEY - CONTEMPORARY DANCER
"I am dancing horribly. I've never danced this badly before in my life."

STEPHANIE - JAZZ DANCER
"Riley usually gets nervous; she's very shy. But she is an amazing dancer, and I know she'll be okay."

After Riley had finished dancing, Emily called out in a bored tone, " OK, Michelle, let's go." As Michelle performed, Emily did everything in her power to criticise anything she saw in Michelle's routine. But there was nothing to critique. Michelle was performing amazingly. "That jump could have been higher," she whispered. It was pretty high," Stephanie said as she watched Michelle. Hmh, it Could have been higher."

RILEY - MICHELLE'S AND ANDIE'S #1 FAN
"Michelle is unreal; she's so good and doesn't even get me started on Andie. She is like the queen of being an all-around dancer."

DANIEL - SPEAK FACTS ALWAYS
"I think they're both gonna be in the front if not front and centre."

Once the auditions were over, Emily gathered the dancers around. "I'm going to run this by Kate and Chris, get their opinion, and see what they think is fair." With that, Emily and Stephanie walked into Kate and Chris's office.

"Excuse me," Emily called out as she entered Kate and Chris's office.

EMILY - SNAKE
"I want the dancers to think I'm going to Kate and Chris about the line placements. But we're not."

"I wanted to talk to you about the light. Somewhere out there, that's just done." Emily pointed out that Stephanie tried copying her actions to make the story more believable. "It's gone completely out."