Week Three, Wednesday

Start from the beginning

Lady Capulet….. Tokuko Kitagawa

Montague….. Shozo Kurosawa

Balthasar….. Tokuko Kitagawa

Apothecary….. Tokuko Kitagawa

Prince Escalus….. Tsuruzo Yamakazi

Friar John….. Kokona Haruka

Lady Montague….. Ayano Aishi

Gregory, Sampson, Peter, and Abram….. Ayano Aishi, Kokona Haruka, Tokuko Kitagawa, and Riku Soma

    Kokona cheers whenever she spots her name. “Yan! I’m the Nurse! And a friar! And a servant!” She hugs Ayano tightly, ecstatic.

    Ayano chuckles. “I can see that. I’m proud. Congratulations, Kokona. You deserve the roles.”

    Kokona beams. “And you have three roles as well! You’re a servant with me! And Lady Montague! And, well, we knew you’d be Juliet, but still! You’re going to be amazing.”

    Ayano smiles back. “Thank you, Kokona.” 

    They both take a script and walk back to the fountain. There, Amao and Osano look at them curiously.

    “So?” Osano asks. He regrets it quickly, and his ears ring for the next minute from the happy shriek Kokona lets out. Ayano can’t help but laugh. 

    When Kizano heads over to the fountain, he smirks at Ayano. “Hello, Juliet,” he says, draping an arm around her shoulders. 

    “Hi, Kizano,” Ayano greets in return. She leans into him, just a bit. She feels warm, content.

    She doesn’t notice Osano and Amao as they glare at the actor, instead watching people walk in until the warning bell rings. 

    Kizano and Osano walk on either side of Ayano all the way to class, with Amao trailing behind until he reaches class 2-2.

    Class goes by smoothly. Ayano notices that Ajia still isn’t back. She wonders about that, but doesn’t feel concerned. She still doesn’t know how.

    Lunch is pleasant. Kokona makes good food. Ayano compliments Kokona on her cooking skills, and Kokona smiles at that.

    “I was in the Cooking Club during my entire first year. I left it for drama, but I still know how to make some good food!” Kokona states proudly.

    Amao laughs. “You should come back! If Ayano can be in two clubs, I’m sure you can, too! It’s only mandatory once a week, you know.”

    Kokona blinks at that. “I can come back? I thought that if you left a club, you had to stay out?”

    Amao just shrugs. “It’s more of a social stigma, honestly. It’s not a rule. You left a year ago. If you left and rejoined every other week, that’s a different case. We’d all be glad to invite another person into the club.”

    “And you don’t mind that I’d only come once a week?” 

    Amao laughs. “If I did mind, then the club minimum would be higher. I just want people to enjoy themselves when they do come.”

    Kokona nods at that. “Alright, I guess I’ll join the Cooking Club again, then!” She beams at Ayano. “I guess I’ll go whenever you do, Yan!”

    Ayano likes the idea.

    Afternoon classes are slow, but Ayano manages to finish all of her homework, so it’s okay. She’s quick to finish cleaning, and then she and Kizano are off to start rehearsals.

    When everyone is in the club room, Kizano gets straight to business.

    “Everyone, listen up!” He calls out, and smirks when everyone’s eyes are on him. “We have just over three weeks before our performance, which will be four Saturdays from now! We’ll run through the script today, tomorrow will be blocking for the first act, and we’ll go from there. And remember, even if we’re just reading the lines, stay in character. Understood?”

    Everyone nods, and Kizano sits down. “Good.” He begins. “Two households, both alike in dignity, in fair Verona where we lay our scene…”

    The rest of club time passes, with each person trying to characterize all of their characters to differentiate them. It’s interesting to watch.

    When club time ends, Kizano informs them that they’ll be in the gym for the rest of their practices. Everyone gets up to leave, but when Ayano moves to step out of the room with Kokona, she’s stopped quickly.

    “Ayano,” Kizano says, and she turns to face him. He holds out his phone. “Your number, please.” When Ayano just blinks at him, his face reddens. “For drama. In case I need to text you for extra rehearsals or a change in location.” 

    It makes sense, so Ayano nods and puts in her number. Handing the phone back, she locks eyes with him.

    “You know,” Ayano starts. “You can just ask for my number without an excuse, right? We’re friends, Kizano.”

    He just scoffs. “As if need an excuse for anything.” He walks passed her quickly. Ayano just rolls her eyes, and Kokona giggles.

    Only Osano is there to walk Ayano when she gets to the gates.

    “Amao got a text, he had to pick stuff up for his mom,” Osano says simply, and Ayano nods before he takes her hand and they start walking.

    The walk is nice. When Ayano goes to head inside, Osano kisses her cheek quickly before walking off.

    Ayano ends the day with a smile. It’s a good change.

Notes:

Bonjour, mes amants! I hope you enjoy today's addition to the story.

Have a wonderful day, and I will see you later.

1172 words.