VIII: The End of the Affair

ابدأ من البداية

"I'm sorry." Briana spoke softly, she didn't realize her hand had lightly grabbed his. "No one should ever feel like that. Especially not as a child." She gave him a soft smile as his caring eyes met hers. Their hands still laced together. 

They sat there in comfortable silence for what felt like hours. It was in that moment Briana realized that Klaus wasn't a monster. Deep down, he was just a boy with past scars that never healed. And maybe she could relate. 

Briana's memory was interrupted as she felt the car she was in come to a stop. She lifted her head from where it rested on the window. As she saw Klaus approach the passenger door to open it for her. 

"Welcome back to Chicago Stefan." Klaus spoke as he took Briana's hand helping her out of the car. The brisk city hair hitting her face. 

"Hello I'm here too." Briana exclaimed causing Klaus to chuckle. 

"Of course sweetheart. Welcome to Chicago." Klaus turned towards her, bringing the back of her hand to his lips. She rolled her eyes and yanked her hand away from him, but not before sending him a slight smile. 

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked as he climbed out of the backseat. 

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days." Klaus smiled as they trio walked towards an open garage door looking out into the city. 

"You are quite literally the only person who would refer to Stefan's ripper days as 'good.'" Briana mocked crossing her arms over her chest. 

"I blocked out most of those days. A lot of blood. A lot of parties. The details are all a blur." Stefan said monotonously looking out at the city he once called home. Briana shifted uncomfortably. 

"That's a shame. The details are what made it great." Klaus said devilishly sending shivers down Briana's spine. 

"Why am I still with you?" Stefan questioned, his arms crossed, brows furrowed looking towards Klaus. "We had out fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" 

Briana stifled a laugh reacting to the failed hybrids. Earning her a stern look from Klaus. 

"We're going to see my favorite witch." Klaus smiled looking at the two individuals, both with their arms crossed.

"Let me guess. A magical solution to your hybrid problems?" Briana cocked her head to the side with a sarcastic tone. 

"Beautiful and smart." Klaus smirked. 

He sauntered towards Briana extending a hand for her to grab. Briana looked at his hand and the back into his eyes as she reluctantly grabbed it. Stefan turned his head away in disgust of the flirting happening before him. 

--------------

"Well this is much nicer than the last bar you dragged us to." Briana spoke as she trailed behind Stefan and Klaus as they entered Gloria's bar. 

"So judgey. If I recall correctly you rather enjoyed that quaint little establishment by the time we left." Klaus looked back towards the brunette as he raised his eyebrows recalling their actions from the night before. 

"I can't believe this place is still here." Stefan spoke looking around the establishment, bringing Briana and Klaus' attention back to him. 

"You gotta be kidding me." A women walked out of the shadows of the bar.