The Hoover

20th Century Fox presents a Brett Leonard film Tobey Maguire Kevin Bacon "The Hoover" Peter Kay and Gary Oldman

Main Cast:
- Tobey Maguire as Tom Wilson
- Kevin Bacon as Dr. Mark Roberts
- Peter Kay as Dave Johnson
   Gary Oldman as Daniel Cooke

Synopsis:
In a near-future where virtual reality has taken over the world, Tom Wilson, a talented programmer, works at the prestigious VR company called Infinite Realms. The company has developed a revolutionary VR machine called "Maximum" that allows users to experience simulations beyond normal human capabilities.

Tom's best friend, Dave Johnson, is an enthusiastic gamer who spends most of his time in VR worlds. Eager to explore Maximum's potential, Dave becomes one of the first testers. However, tragedy strikes when an unexpected glitch causes Dave's brain to malfunction and he loses his life inside the VR machine.

Deeply affected by Dave's death, Tom is determined to find a way to bring his friend back, even if it means bending ethical boundaries. Driven by grief and guilt, he convinces his brilliant but morally ambiguous colleague, Dr. Mark Roberts, to help him transfer Dave's consciousness into a robotic body.

As they work tirelessly on their secret project, suspicions arise within Infinite Realms, and Tom is forced to navigate a web of corporate politics and rivalries. He must keep his clandestine operation hidden from the prying eyes of the company's CEO, played by Gary Oldman

Meanwhile, the newly robotic Dave, bearing the appearance of a sleek, powerful Hoover vacuum, awakens to a new life. Initially disoriented, he quickly realizes the advantages his robotic body provides. Together, Tom and Robo-Dave embark on a journey to expose the truth behind Dave's accident and the corporate cover-up surrounding Maximum.

The duo encounters thrilling VR battles, mind-bending virtual landscapes, and unexpected alliances as they unravel the mystery behind Dave's death. Along the way, they discover a powerful corporation's ulterior motives in commercializing virtual reality, threatening to manipulate people's minds and control their lives.

"The Hoover" combines heart-pounding action, thought-provoking futuristic themes, and a touch of humor brought by Peter Kay's character, Dave's former gaming buddy. Together, they strive to shed light on the dark side of virtual reality and the importance of human connections in an increasingly digital world.

Will Tom and Robo-Dave succeed in their mission, or will they fall into the traps set by powerful forces that seek to keep their secrets hidden? "The Hoover" explores the boundaries of technology, friendship, and the impact virtual reality can have on humanity.

Directed by Brett Leonard