"Dad tried to kill us."

"I know," Diana said, "but... it is not because he did not love you. You know your father has an allergy to love and thinks he can only love one person at a time, but that was not the case."

He paid attention to what she was saying. Words that made sense.

"If he did not have an ounce of affection for you and Athy, he would have already killed you the moment you were born," Diana says solemnly, "He was the happiest person in the world when he knew I had you both."

Then... why did he turn—Yhan stopped asking. Claude has always desired a contented family.

And yet... the future he envisioned was shattered by their circumstances. He knows how to apologize, but no one ever taught him about other types of love. Claude lived a spare life devoid of affection.

Diana smiled, "He loves you more than you know," she said, "that I can promise you with all my heart and soul."

Yhannie could not help but cry after hearing those words.

If Diana had lived, they could have become the happiest family on the planet.

Claude did not know who to turn to for help, or where to look for it.

He did not have anyone to begin with, and he must have despised himself to the point where he despised his own children's misfortune.

He created them in this manner, their family.

"Be careful, Baby."

Diana kissed his forehead.

"You will be fine, baby; just wake up and wipe away their tears; you are always loved by those around you as much as I love you."

.

.

"Ugh..." he groans, opening his eyes slightly. Ron was giving him a towel bath while Choi Han and Raon stood guard.

"Ron..."

"Your Highness?" Ron stood up and immediately touched his forehead. "Please summon His Majesty!"

"Humaaan!" cried Raon once more. Choi Han breathed a sigh of relief as Vicross handed him a glass of water.

When the door was forced open, he was drinking calmly. Claude's face was flushed. His shoulders were jerking up and down as if he had run in the middle of the night to see him.

"You look like garbage... handsome trash."

Claude hisses and pulls him into his embrace.

The majestic and cold-blooded Emperor of the Obelian Empire trembled violently as he held him in his arms.

He was genuinely concerned about him.

"I am a piece of garbage."

"Good to know, we are both trash," he jokes as his hands crept up Claude's back and hugged him as tight as he could.

"I got to meet Mom."

He saw Claude flinch, but he did not say anything.

"He said you're the worst scumbag in the world."

He can hear Claude chuckling, "What a brazen woman."

Claude continued to embrace him. He continued to rely on him and believed Diana's words.

"Dad... She said that person is still alive," she said.

"It makes no difference," Claude said, "I will protect you."

Yhannie turned to face Athy, who was standing beside Felix. She was staring at them. She is dressed in her nightgown and looking at him with concern. She is on her feet; she must have rushed to his palace when they summoned Claude.

"Mom said that if you did not have an ounce of affection for us, you would have killed us the moment we were born," his words rang loudly in Claude's ears, "I do not want to believe it, considering how you treated us, but she said you were the happiest person in the world when you knew she had us."

Claude remained deafeningly quiet.

Well, he will never expect anything from this man.

And yet.

"I am..." Claude's pained voice echoed painfully awfully, "I was overjoyed when I learned that she has you and Athanasia."

His embrace tightened even further.

"I was overjoyed, really overjoyed, that I could finally be a family with the woman I love."

He is so forthright. It makes him want to tease him.

"Athanasia," he called to his sister. Claude gazed at her while he offered his arms to her. "Come here, sister."

Athanasia came to his side and embraced him from the back.

"Mom said... Be happy."

He has strong divine power, enough to share his recorded memory with them. Athanasia was silent but, he felt her hand hugging his waist tightly.

"She's beautiful."

"Really beautiful."

Ayhan smiled and looked at his hand; the black mana finally subsided.

The next thing he needed to do was wipe out their enemies from within.

"I really am supposed to be a trash prince."

He stood up and grinned evilly, Claude and Athy frowned, thinking the kind of shit he's about to do.

.

.

.

But does it have to be a tea party? Really?

All three heads were looking at Yhannie, enjoying the tea with the sweets that Vicross had cooked.

"I..."

"Sister," Yhannie looked at Jennette, "I have every right to choose which one is which. Since you are of Imperial Blood, it is only right for you to live in the palace."

For the past few days, Athanasia appears to have developed feelings for her.

"Our Sleeping Beauty has stated as much."

"Our Sleeping Beauty has the authority to do so."

Three blue, jeweled eyes are staring at him.

"You know, I'm itching to bully someone right now," he smirks.

TBC

What Universe is This Again?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें