Chapter Forty-One: Trick Or Treat

Start from the beginning

"Seriously, nothing?" Mr. Bowen questions, stunned.

"Doesn't ring a bell." Ricky shrugs, grabbing another slice of pepperoni pizza.

While wiping my fingers on a napkin, I smiled in amusement watching their silly dispute unfold.

"Blond guy, super short?" His father elaborated, but Ricky continued shaking his head, "I can't believe you don't remember him."

The temperature is also higher; I am always cold, and occasionally, the chill serves as a reminder of how unfamiliar this place is. Regardless of how comfortable it is to be here, it isn't home.

He drops his shoulders in defeat, "Come on, Rick. I don't wanna go to this thing alone! It's the whole entire weekend. I'm gonna miss Halloween!"

"Then don't go." Ricky protests, as if it were obvious.

"Help me out here, Bianca." Mr. Bowen jokingly pleads.

"Hm," I hum in acknowledgment, setting down my glass of soda, "I wouldn't go. Nothing's worth missing Halloween."

He playfully shakes his head, glancing between us, "You two are no help."

Ricky and I look at each other, as he reaches over to take my hand. The corners of my mouth quirk up as he winks, because we are eager for alone time and want his father to attend his friend's wedding, but are not pressuring him to do so to avoid raising suspicion.

"Load up the dishwasher?" Mr. Bowen suggests, patting Ricky's shoulder while standing up.

He waves it off, nodding, while picking up the half-eaten slice of pizza, "Yeah, I'll do that later."

Shock crosses my face, taken aback because my mother would have reprimanded me severely, whereas Ricky's father allowed it carelessly and simply wished us a good night.

***********************************
I hung my towels on my arm, while taking clean clothes out of the laundry basket.

"Okay," Ricky emerged and shut his door, "I think he's actually gonna go."

"I hope." I sigh, before realizing how that sounds, "I mean, not in a bad way. I'm grateful he's letting me stay-"

"But that gives us alone time." He spoke for me, to show that he understood completely, while carefully stepping between the boxes.

The corners of my mouth quirk up, "Yeah,"

Ricky captured my lips in a quick kiss while passing by, making me hum in contentment. I opened my mouth to speak, but was caught off by pure disgust when he plopped down onto the bed.

"Oh," I blurt, taken aback, "You're putting outside clothes on the bed."

Confusion crosses his face, "Outside clothes?"

I shut my eyes and force a smile, "You know what? I don't even care. I'm just ready to have the best weekend! It's almost Halloween."

"Right," He agrees, nodding, though still puzzled.

"Care to join?" I suggest, with a smug smile, while lifting my towel-adorned arm.

My boyfriend jumped out of bed and onto his feet, making me laugh lightly.

"I know you're just trying to seduce me into changing my clothes, but I will never say no to you." He rushes out, cradling my face to eagerly capture my lips. I smile into the kiss as butterflies fill my stomach.

Despite his enthusiasm, the shower was actually rather pure, despite the little makeout session that naturally occurred. It was wonderful as we immersed and embraced each other, even though he tried to subtly change the temperature many times, because I like the water to be scalding hot and he prefers it warm.