Chapter 27 - The Shower To End All Showers

Start from the beginning

"Nevermind." Heather purses her lips and crosses her arms. "You are a whore, [Y/N]. Found your clothes in the boathouse. Which I guess explains why you always smell so fishy. Guess Rodrick likes stank pussy, huh?" Heather smiles and cocks her head to the side, falsely acting surprised. Under your hand, you feel Rodrick's forearm tighten. Rodrick would never hit a girl, but shit, you might.

"So what is this then? Are you going to just bully us or are we going to get back to the game?" You ask, stepping in front of Rodrick this time. He would go after Kai and you would go after Heather (sorry Madison). If it came down to it, of course. Hopefully it won't.

"You guys weren't even playing the game!" Kai yells, your attention going back to him, he takes a deep breath. "Look, this is a long time coming. I have beef with both of y'all. And it's being settled tonight." Kai points his finger to the ground, as if to solidify what's going to happen. Suddenly, the rain breaks out overhead, drizzling and then coming down to a gentle rain. You knew it wouldn't stay this way. You hear on the intercom telling students to head to the main lodge for an indoor game. But you knew you couldn't leave to go back. Rodrick tries to take you away, but you pull him back.

"You know what? Fine, Kai. What's with the sudden change in personality? What is your issue with Rodrick and I? And you, Heather? I thought we were friends? Or at least friends for Madi's sake." You throw your hands up and wait for a response from either of them. You watch as Kai steps closer once more and feel Rodrick once again tense under your arm. Heather's face changes slightly with the mention of Madi.

"Rodrick was mine first. And-" Kai begins but Rodrick quickly cuts him off. You can't hold Rodrick back this time.

"Yours? You told everyone to show up and watch us kiss! You wanted to embarrass me. And then you called me gay and said I came onto you. And then it doesn't even make sense years later when you came out as gay to everyone! You became popular and I became the outcast, the Black Sheep. Which I always was, wasn't I? You took Madi and then Heather came along and you guys got to be one happy friend group!" Rodrick yells and you watch as the vein in his neck, the one you had kissed many times, was popping out.

"Wait, that's not what you told me. You said Rodrick told everyone you were gay Kai and that he embarrassed you?" You say, confused. Kai did say that he and Rodrick kissed, but everyone saw and Rodrick covered it up by saying Kai kissed him first and called him gay. You told Kai you wouldn't tell Rodrick, but something wasn't right.

"Wait, you knew?" Rodrick asks, turning around to face you. Shit. As if the rain can sense something bad was happening. The rain starts to pour down. You were only wearing your cute pajamas that now had you soaked to the bone. It was hard to see 20 feet in front of you, the rain was coming down that hard.

"Kai had told me this sob story and told me not to bring it up. I didn't because it made you seem homophobic and I didn't want to embarrass you or ask about what your sexuality was. I thought maybe you had some angsty feelings with Kai and maybe you still felt them. That's why you hate him. I thought Kai was my friend and he asked me to keep it a secret." Your eyes start to tear up. You felt bad keeping this from Rodrick, but you felt worse knowing you were lied to about what happened. You should have asked Rodrick about it right away. You should have known that Kai was a shitty person.

"Rodrick ruined our friendship because he caught feelings. And yeah, I wasn't ready to admit I was gay just yet, but he is a piece of shit with nothing going for him and he ruins everything he touches. Ruined Heather's 16th birthday party, ruined our friend group, ruined his reputation by becoming this weird emo boy. It's honestly sad you are attracted to him [Y/N]. He's a loser going nowhere fast." This whole time you were looking at Kai, but as soon as your eyes turn to Rodrick, you see he's crying. Your breathing starts to pick up. The wind starts to pick up. If there was ever a moment for Mother Nature to match your feelings, it was now.