𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

[A C T O N E]

̶̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ False Accusation  ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶

Dirty Laundry • Don Henley
Volume: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

August 20, 1996

YOU WEREN'T TOO SURE whether or not it was a good idea to come to school or not - In your head if you were to skip a day, people may only be more suspicious of your sudden absence, but now that you're headed to school, you internally screamed when you were presented with a crowd of mics right under your nose with a mixture of voices.

Their voices blended together, bombarding you with questions about your actions the previous day and your connection to Casey and Steve - you weren't sure as to why they asked you about Steve though, you only thought it was because people think you're a secret hookup of his.

It had only been hours since you witnessed Casey's death and endured the heart-wrenching screams of her grieving parents for murdering their daughter, you didn't even get to sleep the whole night. I mean, how can you? The police and Casey's parents were on your tail, and when you did get home, you found out that there were already stories about the situation last night such as you being Steve's secret hookup and Casey's forgotten friend that led you to be the accused murderer

So hearing these reporter's voices only went past from your right to your left ear like your teacher's notes. While passing by, you get a glimpse of another girl who was also bombarded with the same crowd of mics under her nose and out of the crowd of reporters, your eyes settled on a particular one - Gale Weathers.

You watch the brunette struggle through the crowd but what you're focused on is Gale- she seemed relentless in her pursuit of the poor girl.

When you see the girl's face, you realized why Gale was so keen now - you groaned and push through the crowd over to the girl, disregarding the hands that were gripping the ends of your shirt to get you to answer them other than, "I'm innocent. Get it in your head."

Ignoring the demands of these reporters and the camera panning to your face, you make your way over to Sidney Prescott - a girl who had tragically lost her mother almost a year ago in a tragic murder. When you had seen the news, your heart went out to her. It felt deeply unfair for someone to have their personal struggles exposed to the world so soon after experiencing such a profound loss.

As you approached Sidney, both of your crowds merged together, creating a cacophony of questions, and hearing their questions aimed at Sidney made you put a hand on her shoulder. Amnesty the chaos, you hear Gale's probing question, "Do you think the deaths last night have anything to do with Maureen Prescott?"

You push the reporter away from Sidney's personal space, "Do you think the deaths last night have anything to do with your loud mouth? Or do you simply enjoy profiting from things that are none of your business?" You grumble and gently urge Sidney to stand in front of you. You hear Gale gasp and then point the mic at you,

"You! You were in the scene last night! What is your case with Casey? Is it true that you were a past hookup of Steve's?"

You rolled your eyes at the absurdity of the question and try to see any gaps around the crowd for an opening to escape. When you did, you guided Sidney over to it. Sidney looked back, clearly surprised - you two weren't exactly close like she was with her group such as Tatum, Tatum's boyfriend, Stu, and Sidney's boyfriend, Billy, you two still wouldn't mind each other's company.