Chapter 18

Zion Sullivon

Aarvi had already informed me about the garage where the car could usually be seen.

I was heading towards the garage. I went there and was met by a guy. He looked really shabby and unapproachable.

"What do you need lad?", he asked in a hoarse voice.

"I need to know where is the car with the number XX6537. I need each and every details on it.", I said.

"Woah and why should I do that? I have somewhere to be. Come again sometime later."

I held him by his collar and shoved him against his counter. "Don't make me repeat myself.", I said.

"Ok ok calm down please...please I will tell you everything please", he pleaded. Soon after I let him go. He limped towards the back of his desk and pulled out a register from the first drawer.

He quickly surfed through it.

"Someone named Anthony borrowed the car...around 3am two weeks ago.", he said.

"Is this the first time he borrowed a car from here?"

"No he comes around often and borrows a different model everytime."

"When was the last time he borrowed another car from here?"

"Today at 3am."

"What's the number?"

Shit goddammit! That means another transaction already had taken place by now.

"What's the car number?", I asked hastily.

"XX2319"

I did not waste a second there and headed towards my car. I quickly called Aarvi.

"Track the location of XX2319 now! It's possible that another transaction of drug has already occurred. The culprit is in that car, we need to get to him."

"On it.", she replied as she hung up.

I started heading towards the agency when I got another call. It was Aarvi.

"The car is supposedly at a construction site near Parkview Avenue.", she said.

"Wait construction site? Isn't that what Oliver had said previously? This could be their hideout. I am heading there, you alert boss and the force. I might need back up.", I said as I hung up. I took a U-turn and quickly drove towards the location.

As I kept on driving, there were little to no buildings and mostly trees. The place almost seemed deserted. After a few more minutes I finally reached my destination.

I took out a gun from a small compartment of my car. I surreptitiously headed towards the building. I couldn't hear any voice as such. I went to the first floor but there was nothing. I soon went up to the second floor, still nothing. Finally, I started heading towards the roof.

Soon I reached towards a door. I could hear faint noises of something or rather someone shifting. I kicked the door open. There was noone. There was nothing. Everything had been wiped clean. It's like as if they know I'd be here. Someone must have told them.

I could here some shuffling noise downstairs. I noticed a shadow of a person move across the flight of stairs. I bolted towards the shadow. I soon noticed a man run towards a car parked behind the building. I saw the car plate number which read, XX2319. Hah! Bingo.

The man got in his car and tried to start it. Fortunately, I reached there just in time and shot one of the car's tyres. The man jumped out of his car and started ro run with a bag. I kept on chasing him, till he tripped on some rocks.

"Surrender yourself before I shoot you.", I said pointing the gun towards his head. He raised his hands up, leavinv the bag on the ground.

Within a flash of a second he turnes around and tried to take my gun, but I blocked his hand and twisted it behind his back. He let out a scream in agony. I cuffed both his hands and dragged him with his bag to my car.

I made him sit beside me so that in case he tried to run I could shoot him. We soon drove our way to the agency. I dragged the man to the interrogating room and took the bag to Boss.

Boss opened the bag in his office. It had blue crystals in small transparent satchets. Me and boss looked at each other, sharing the same thought. Those were the same crystals found in the other victims' bodies. We just stopped a transaction.

"You did a great job.", boss complimented me..

"Thank you Boss. But I wouldn't have been able to do it alone. All thanks to Aarvi.", I said.

"She is quite perspicacious, no doubt."

"Well sir however I need to tell you something. This must be strictly say confidential within us.", I said.

"Ok", he said as he nodded.I closed the office door and went back to face him.

"I feel like there's a mole among us."

"What? How?"

"When I reached there, the whole place had already been wiped clean. And the man we captured was about to leave. I remember telling Aarvi to inform everyone about the new lead we had found. Maybe the mole, had informed them and asked them to leave the place immediately."

"Well then how do you plan on catching this mole?", he asked.

"Let's first interrogate the one we have already caught and see if he knows something."

"Ok then."

I left the office and went to the interrogating room. The man was cuffed to the table.I sat across the table facing him.

"What's your name?", I asked. He remained quite.

"Is it Anthony?", I asked. He stiffled a laugh.

"Well since you do not want to answer these questions, let's start with how you came to be in possession of those drugs '08'." This had caught his attention as looked at me.

"How did you-"

"Odgen."

"Oh..."

"Now tell me where were you taking those drugs to and to whom were you delivering them to?",I asked.

" I won't."

"What?"

"I won't tell you."

"Then I have to use force."

"Not if I do this."

"Wait–"

White foam were coming out of his mouth as he lay lifeless on the chair. It was obvious that he swallowed a potassium cyanide pill. This was a suicide mission.
We lost our vital piece of information...fucking hell.