One Last time (One Shot)

The sun had just set over the city skyline, and the neon lights of the club across the street were flickering to life. Maycee stood outside the club, staring up at the sign that read "The Last Dance." She took a deep breath and pushed her way through the crowd, her heart racing with anticipation.

     Nang makapasok si Maycee ay nakita niya ang mga kaibigan niya, kinawayan siya ng mga ito at inanyayahan na roon siya magtungo. Maycee smiled and weaved her way through the throng of people, the music pounding in her ears. She ordered a drink and chatted with her friends, trying to ignore the gnawing feeling in the pit of her stomach.

     Bebs, mukha kang baliw na nata-tae d’yan sa gedli,” her friend Sarah said, raising an eyebrow. Habang nagtawanan naman ang iba pa nilang kasama. Are you okay?”Pahabol na sambit naman nito.

     Okay lang,” Maycee replied, trying to sound casual. I'm just excited to be here.

    Excited to see him, you mean,” Sarah said, smirking.

    Hindi napigilan ni Maycee ang mamula kaya’t napahigop na lamang siya sa kaniyang inumin. She couldn't deny that she was hoping to run into Jackson tonight. They had been seeing each other on and off for the past year, but things had been rocky between them lately. Kaya naman namamag-asa siya ngayong gabi na baka ito na ang tamang panahon para maitama kung ano mang bagay ang namamagitan sa kanila ni Jackson.

   Suddenly, the music changed, and a slow, romantic song began to play. Maycee's heart skipped a beat as she heard Jackson's voice behind her.

    May I have this dance?” he said, holding out his hand.

     Maycee turned to face him, feeling her heart race. Para bang sasabog na ang puso niya sa bilis nito. Sure,” she said, taking his hand.

     They moved to the center of the dance floor, and Jackson put his arms around her waist. Maycee rested her head on his chest, feeling his heart beating against hers. She closed her eyes and let herself get lost in the moment, trying to forget all the hurt and confusion of the past few months.

     As the song ended, Maycee felt Jackson's lips brush against her ear. “Can we talk?” he whispered.

     Maycee nodded, her heart racing. They made their way to a quiet corner of the club, away from the pulsing music and flashing lights. Jackson took a deep breath and looked at her, his eyes searching hers.

     Baby, I have something to tell you,” he said, his voice serious.

      Maycee felt a chill run down her spine. What is it?” she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

     I'm moving,” Jackson said, his eyes never leaving hers. I got a job offer in California, and I'm leaving in two weeks.”

     Maycee felt her heart sink. She had always known that Jackson was ambitious and driven, but she had never thought he would leave her behind like this.

      I don't know what to say,” she replied as she rushed off to the site and left Jackson because of the shock that she felt from the news.

———

      Maycee sat on the couch in her apartment, staring blankly at the TV. It had been two weeks since Jackson had told her he was leaving, and she still couldn't believe it. They had talked every day since then, trying to make sense of their feelings, but it only seemed to make things worse.