𝟬𝟬𝟴. golden boy

CHAPTER EIGHT,golden boy

CHAPTER EIGHT,
golden boy.

          DUSTIN HENDERSON DID AN AMAZING JOB AT FINDING THE PERFECT LOCATION TO PUT HIS PLAN INTO FULL EFFECT. The junkyard was abandoned. Solana Coleman had no idea that this place even existed in Hawkins, but she knew that Dustin was a very smart kid. He wanted to ensure that they could lure Dart somewhere away from civilization. Now, here they are.

       With the remaining meat that was resting in their respective buckets, the trio continued to make a trail with it before they all dumped it into one spot. After discarding the buckets, Solana starts to take off the gloves that were restricting her fingers. Lucas Sinclair along with Max Mayfield made their presence known.

          Steve recognized Lucas, but not Max. "Who's that?" He asks Solana and Dustin. Solana smiled, happy at the fact that her little cousin and Max are here. Whereas, Dustin was not expecting to see the red-headed girl. By the lack of response and the look on Dustin's face, Solana and Steve started to put two and two together. "Wait, Max is the girl you're trying to impress?" Solana was shocked. Why else did he look so worried?

           "Just act normal, okay?" Dustin informs them. He's not sure why she's here. Lucas and Max start to make their way over to the rest of the group. Steve walks away and starts to observe the area. They only had less than two hours before sunset, which means that they don't have much time.

          Once Lucas is near Solana, she pulls him to the side. She wanted to mention to him how she practically knew everything that's been going on since last year, but Lucas had something else he wanted to say to her. "Are we still having family dinner soon? Mom asked me about it this morning. She said that she's not sure if you're coming because you've been busy lately."

       At least once a week, the Coleman's and the Sinclair's have family dinner. This is their way of keeping their family connected. Sol also realized how Lucas was trying to ignore the obvious, and decided to divert the topic as a way to distract her.

       Lucas continues, "Also, Mom told me how you've been hanging around a boy a lot," He chuckles. "Is that person here with us now?" Lucas teases.

     Solana let's out an exaggerated sigh. Of course, her mom was going to gossip. "I'm not going to answer that," Her eyes land on Max who was occupied with moving pieces of the junk from the grass. Solana didn't want to have this conversation. The timing was completely off and thats why Max was going to be her escape. "I'm gonna go help her, you know? It looks like she needs some help," Solana swiftly places a kiss on Lucas' cheek before walking off to the Mayfield girl.

       The footsteps of Solana's shoes making contact with the dying grass made Max aware that someone was approaching her. "Hey, pretty girl," Solana greets her. "Mind if I join you?"