I'm not sure if like is the right word, but at least there haven't been any openly hostile reactions. 

"Don't worry, hun. We'll just go slow and do a little bit. Just for face," Taru said as Vrasje took his cane, then his master seamlessly guided him in a simple, yet surprisingly-fun waltz. They were the slowest ones there, by far, but Taru didn't seem to mind, and to his surprise, no one else bothered or bumped into them, either. 

By the time they stepped off the dance floor, Marquise was quite a bit winded. 

"You did very well," Taru said before giving his shoulder a gentle squeeze. 

He'd noticed the guy reaching toward his head, but he'd redirected quickly since they were in quite a big crowd with more than enough eyes on them to make any kind of attention awkward. 

"Here," Vrasje said as he stepped back up to his side and handed him his cane. 

Marquise immediately thanked him, grateful that he had something to lean on again. He was a bit startled when he felt the man's arm wrap around his own free one, then begin leading him forward, though. 

At least Taru is walking with us. 

"Lord Vrasje?" 

Marquise quickly turned his attention back to facing forward and was a bit surprised to see an older gentleman waiting a few steps ahead of them. 

"Good evening, lord Vrasje and greetings, master Taru. I give you my congratulations. You have chosen a fine heir for yourself."

Marquise felt a little strange hearing such a compliment, but he bowed his head respectfully nonetheless, then blinked in shock as he noticed a long line of people forming behind the man before them. 

Do I... have to greet them all? 

Vrasje grinned at his side and began leading him forward. 

We will walk along the line instead of waiting for everyone to come to us. It will get the greetings over quicker. 

That sounded reasonable. 

So, they spent the next half hour doing introductions, then one more quick dance, this time with Vrasje, before he was finally able to sit down at one of the long dinner tables set up around the edges of the room. 

"Here, Marra," Vrasje said, drawing his attention up to him as he handed over a flute of spiked blood. 

He also held a normal glass, in case he didn't want to drink alcohol. Normally, the regular one would be his choice, but tonight was a special occasion and he'd already interacted with more than enough people to last him till the end the year, so a little liquid courage was honestly appreciated.  

Marquise actually downed three flutes before Taru brought him over something to eat. Already being drunk by then made the night a lot more fun. Time flew by faster and faster as he nibbled at this and that, and drank a bit more. Everyone wanted to talk to him and everything they said just seemed so much funnier than it should have. 

Even Vrasje, who had taken a seat beside him, was somehow making him laugh without saying anything intentionally funny. 

"I think it's about time to wrap things up. At least for our heir," Vrasje said, making Marquise groggily look over at him with a blank pout. 

"That stare is definitely telling me that it's time for you to go get some rest," Vrsaje said as he turned his attention toward the still-full table of guests watching them. 

"If you'll excuse us. He's still recovering from some injuries and I believe I might have allowed too much alcohol this evening. Please, stay and enjoy yourselves," he said before helping Marquise to his unsteady feet.