As soon as the girls make it out the door, they hop into Sam's new VW Beetle, pulling out of the driveway so fast, all anyone could see is a lavender blob.

"How do I look?" Sam glances at herself in the mirror, swerving a little bit down the empty road.

"Like you need to pay attention to the road," Bianca clutches the door handle, still not 100% confident in Sam's driving skills.

Steve's lessons helped a bunch though. At least now the neighbors weren't terrified when they saw her behind the wheel.

"You can stop clutching the car for dear life, you know. I got my license fair and square," Sam rolls her eyes.

"You got a 75."

"That's three quarters of a perfect score, I take that as a win," she shrugs, before finally getting a glance at her in the passenger seat. "You look cute."

"Thank you," Bianca grins.

"You're tutoring Tim today, aren't you?" she smirks.

"Yes, why?"

"No reason," she shakes her head.

"Don't even."

"I'm just saying, it'd be okay for you to like him. You don't have to spend the rest of your life trying to avoid offending Mike."

"What does this have to do with Mike?"

"Uh, he hates Tim, for some reason."

"Who told you that?"

"Mike did. I drove him to the arcade the other day, remember?"

"Mike hates everyone except for us, it's kinda his default emotion," Bianca rolls her eyes.

"Look, I'm just saying, don't miss out on a good thing because a part of you is still holding out for-"

"I broke up with him, end of discussion."

"Fine," Sam puts her hands up in surrender. "Just speaking from experience. You don't wanna wait around for him to grow up."

"Hands on the wheel!"

"Sorry, sorry," she winces, turning up the radio. "Oh, how convenient."

The station happened to be playing California Dreamin' by the Beach Boys, which fit perfectly considering by tomorrow afternoon, Bianca would be out of Hawkins and in Lenora Hills.

With Mike.

_____

Eventually, the girls make it to school just as Steve drops off Robin, prompting the girls to walk in together.

Sam leans in the window on Steve's side, a loving smile on his face as he lays his eyes on her. "Morning, baby."

"Morning," he plants a kiss on her lips. "You look pretty."

"Thank you. I had to get ready in like five minutes," she groans.

"Like a barbarian?"

"Exactly! This is my last pep rally, my last time cheering. I'm supposed to look perfect," she complains.

"You look amazing, relax," he assures. "And if anyone tries to say otherwise, they can go through me."

"My hero," she jokes, as Robin loudly sighs from the passenger seat.

"Can you continue the love fest when you're alone?"

"Sorry, Robs," Steve chuckles. "I'll pick Bumble up at 6, okay? See you tonight."