Cold Feet

Female reader x Hailee
Tw: angsty

Yes I disappeared for a bit and now I'm giving angst oops. Anyways after final exams, I will post a lot more over the summer.

Sorry about switching the Pov so much, but it was needed so I could tell the story. And to tell it without any spoilers. Enjoy!

————————————————————————

Y/n's Pov:
"Y/n will you please help me with this. We have to pick out a good color palette, remember Griffin's wedding?" I hear my fiancé Hailee yell at me.

I chuckle, "It was fine! Leave your poor brother alone."

"Come here please."

I go up to Hailee, who's sitting at our dining table, colors and papers spread out everywhere. I hug her from behind and kiss her head, "I told you I have to go to work. You can choose whatever you want."

"What if you're not happy?"

"I'll be happy with whatever you choose." I started to walk to the door, putting on my shoes. "Bye Hailee! I love you."

"Bye." I heard her mutter out.

Hailee's Pov:
"Hey!" Dove said as I opened the door. She quickly came for a hug and I accepted. After y/n left for work I really needed help with a lot of stuff so I called her over.

"Hi."

"Under the weather my dear?"

"I have to plan the wedding. All by myself."

"Hmm?" She asked as we sat down at my dining table.

"I don't think y/n wants to get married."

"Why not? Didn't she propose to you?"

"Yeah, but she won't help me plan our wedding. Besides, every time I ask, she pushes it away or gets mad."

"She gets mad at you?"

"Yesterday she went to work again. I planned out the venue, and created invitation cards. It was more of a rough draft. Y/n said she was okay with anything, but once she came home, she yelled at me for picking things out without her. What if that happens again?"

"Just wait till she comes home to plan. Or talk to her about how you feel."

"No! If she comes home and I didn't do anything she'll just get mad at me again."

"I think you should call off the wedding."

"Why?"

"Are you color blind? Can't you see she's a big red flag? In fact, she's probably cheating on you right this moment."

"What! No way. She wouldn't. She couldn't." I felt my heart shatter, not knowing if I should believe Dove, or if y/n was in fact hiding something.

"Anyways, I'm sorry Hailee, but I do have to get going now."

"Ok see you."

"If you leave her, just come to my place I'll be there." I heard the door shut.

6 pm
Is y/n gonna come home?

7 pm
Fuck, she's probably fucking some other girl. Dove's thoughts pierced my head.

8 pm
Y/n? I texted, Are you coming home tonight?

9 pm
A tear threatened to escape my eye.

10 pm
This time, it wasn't just a tear.

12 pm
Still nothing, but at least I had time to watch some Modern Family.