Xavier sighed in annoyance. "Oh my god, for the last time, Rowan was expelled, we all saw him leave."

"And Y/n and I saw him get murdered." He replies.

Xavier looked confused. "Wait, Y/n was there too? How come she didn't say anything?"

"I told her not to" Wyatt replies. "Besides, she was really shaken up by the events that happened, she wouldn't have been able to handle all the attention." Wyatt explained.

Xavier smirks, a teasing grin on his face "Awwww, is that your way of saying you are worried about her?" He asks.

Wyatt turned red. And Xavier laughed.

"I approve as Y/n's boy best friend!" He says still laughing at Wyatt's red cheeks.

"Have you spoken to Rowan since?" Wyatt asks in an attempt to change the subject.

"I texted him a few times but never got a response." Xavier admits. "I assumed he wanted a break from Nevermore."

"Or he's dead."

"I don't know why you care so much. You don't even know the guy." He mutters then walked off.

Wyatt followed him "I don't get why you care so little. People can try to dismiss me and make a million excuses, but I am not going to stop." Wyatt said and pulled out the purple book.

Xavier saw it and scoffed. "Oh great. I guess you can add thief to your resume. I don't get what the deal is about an old Nightshade journal anyways."

Wyatt opened up the book and flipped through the pages to the page where the drawing was and held it up. "You didn't seem surprised when I showed you this last night. You've seen it before haven't you?"

Xavier shrugged "Yeah. A couple of days before the harvest festival, it was open on Rowan's desk. I just assumed he stole it after we kicked him off the Nightshades. Then I confronted him about it, and he kinda went ballistic on me."

Wyatt looked back at the vision he got in the forest "He threw you on the wall with his telekinesis."

Xavier looked at him surprised "How did you know that?"

"Lucky guess."

Xavier gestured to the book. "It's weird that you are in this. This journal is like 30 years old? And what hell is Crackstone doing in the picture with you?"

Wyatt looks surprised "You know who that is?"

"Yeah, it's Joseph Crackstone. He's like, Jericho's founding father. He's kind of a big deal around here."

Xavier gestured to some workers who were hanging up signs of Pilgrim World, and the signs of Joseph Crackstone on them.

Wyatt looked at the Pilgrim's face, something was not adding up...why would Y/n say he is an a hole, while other people worshipped him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sheriff Galpin stood at the town square as the mayor and his son approached him.

"Sheriff, you remember my son Lucas?"

"I sure do. I ran into him and his buddies last week at the Weathervane." The Sheriff replies hinting to the incident of Wyatt and Y/n kicking their butts.

The sheriff and Mayor glanced at the boy who fidgeted.

"I'd better get to work." He says awkwardly.

"Hey, no trouble today, got it?" The Mayor asks with a warning tone.

Lucas nods and leaves.

The Sheriff groaned and nodded at the Nevermore kids walking into the town square.

"Hey don't look too excited. Those outcasts might thing we're happy to have them." The Mayor jokes.

"We still got something lurking in the woods, no doubt connected to that school"

"Come on, would you stop pointing fingers at Nevermore? You know how much Jericho depends on that place. Who do you think pays for our roads, our park or your salary?" The Mayor lectures.

"I'm just doing my job, looking out for the well-being of out town, boss."

"Don't lecture me, Galpin. Before the good citizens of Jericho voted for me as Mayor, I wore that badge." The mayor reminds.

"Mmhm, you never struck me as a history guy."

"If it's good for business, it's good for Jericho."

"Especially if your business in Pilgrim World."

"Hey. Just find that bear and take care of it." The mayor hisses.

The sheriff walked away, and the mayor turned to face the bleachers where the Nevermore students were sitting. He plastered a big smile on his face.

"Welcome, welcome, Nevermore Academy! Now, on behalf of the entire Jericho community, we are so, so pleased to have you here today. You're generosity and hard work are truly outreacheous!"

Principal Weems walked to the Mayor and faced the students. "Okay everyone, we'll see you back here for lunch at 1 pm! Enjoy!"

The students got up from the bleachers and began heading to their assignments. Wyatt spotted Enid and ran towards her.

"Enid!" He called.

Enid turned to face him, and he held up his envelope. "Switch volunteer assignments?" He asks.

"What? No. Uriah's Heap is definitely not my bag." She replies.

"It's an emergency! I need to check out Pilgrim's world" Wyatt says urgently.

"Check out Pilgrim's World or Y/n?" Enid questions raising an eyebrow.

Wyatt glared at her and his eye twitched.

"Ajax is volunteering there. Thing sneaked a peak at his assignment."

Enid blushed and grabbed the envelope "NO! Thank you! You're the best!" She yells and runs away.

Wyatt rolled his eyes at her.

A/N:

Hii! I hope you like this chapter!

This chapter is dedicated to Paige kisses_magnolia and