We were walking through the wasteland for a few more hours until I saw a hot air balloon in the distance. Even if it was a dark shade, it was easy to distinguish the large red balloon and the wicker basket.

No! I must not let this happen! I thought in a panic.

The koopa in front of me glanced back, and upon noticing my facial expression he smirked evilly.

I need to escape, and fast!

As we approached the clearing in which the balloon sat, the koopa group leader stopped and looked back towards the other two.

"You two! Get the hot air balloon ready," he ordered.

"Yes sir!" the other koopas saluted. I was quick to notice something that instituted a plan.

The koopa dropped the rope holding me as he saluted the superior.

I instantly bolted off, slowly picking up the rope from behind me.

"YOU IDIOT!" the leader koopa yelled in outrage. I laughed in triumph as I ran through the many dead trees.

I just wished that it was easier to lose them. It was very easy to spot anything in all of this black and the trees that have no leaves on them. Anyone can see my (f/c) outfit from a mile away.

I still tried my best to lose these three as I weaved through the trees, and always altered the direction I ran. At one minute it was north, and the next was east.

My legs were screaming at me to stop. My heart was pounding and my breaths were ragged. Thinking if I made enough distance, I skidded to a stop behind a big enough tree to hide me.

After a few seconds, I heard three pairs of footsteps. I really thought I lost them, dang it! I held my breath, waiting for them to go away.

"Way to go!" the leader koopa yelled to the one who dropped my rope, slapping him.

"Should we get backup?" the third asked. The leader turned towards him.

"She can't leave the Dark Lands. We'll catch her sooner or later. Fan out," he ordered. They split up in every direction except mine.

I can't leave the Dark Lands? Oh no...

I started tiptoeing backwards, away from the three koopas.

After a few steps, my back hit something. Something...boney.

(E/c) eyes widened, I turned around slowly, soon staring into the fiery red/orange eyes of a skeleton.

"...Hi?" I squeaked. The skeleton lurched at me, it's mouth open. I yelped and ran in the opposite direction.

Caught between a rock and a hard place. Being in these Lands with skeletons and who knows what else, or captured by the koopas and taken to Bowser.

As I ran from the first skeleton, about a dozen more joined the chase. A whole chorus of growling was heard behind me as I ran.

I turned back and screamed when the skeletons were right behind me within arm's reach. I ran even faster at that point.

I turned back to where I was running, slamming right into the red koopa. I tripped over him, falling on the ground. I laid on the ground for a second, catching my breath and hoping that I wasn't going to die.

"Got you now," he smirked, taking my hands and pulling me up. I glanced around and noticed that the skeletons vanished. I didn't say anything about it as I was dragged away.

Since my attempt at escape, the red koopa held the rope holding my hands together. He couldn't trust that I wouldn't escape again.

The hot air balloon was kinda nice, not gonna lie. The view - considering it was mainly of the Dark Lands - was beautiful. As we got higher in the sky though, I could see all the other lands on the horizon. I saw the Mushroom Kingdom, making me guilty that I ever left home.

"Move it!" I was yelled at to keep moving. I stared at the ground, only looking around Bowser's throne room once. I saw the statues on either side of the room, the floating stairs leading up to the huge throne, the throne itself...and finally, I saw Bowser sitting on the throne in intimidation. Everything I saw with the only light in the room being the lava waterfall behind the throne.

"We've got her, sire," the red koopa informed.

"Now that we've got Peach's little sister, she'll have no choice but to surrender," Bowser smirked. He stood up and began stomping down the stairs. I gulped in fear.

I felt the ropes leave my hands and I was about to run again, but I was caught in some sort of barrier. I was levitated closer as Bowser stepped down the stairs. I couldn't move. I was forced to look up at the Koopa King.

"She'll never surrender, no matter what you do," I gritted my teeth. Bowser walked around me.

"Is that so? Not even her sister is enough," he thought. I mean, it probably was, but I wasn't going to tell him that.

"You'd have to be invincible before she gives up," I said.

"Very well. We finally found the one powerup after years of searching," Bowser gloated. He didn't-

"Take her to the cells! Isolated from the others," he ordered.

"I'm on it, sire," the koopa with the wand nodded. With his wand, he teleported me into a cell.

I know I've never seen cells, but I don't think mine's a normal one. It was a little bed, sure, but the bed has a mattress and sheets on it. There was a small toilet and sink in the far corner of the room, and on the opposite side of the room from the bed was a little bookshelf.

It was almost as if it was built for someone like me, or my sister.

Speaking of my sister, I wonder if she knows I'm gone yet, or if she knows that Bowser has me captive.

If she doesn't know already, she'll know soon enough.

At the Mushroom Kingdom

Princess Peach paced in front of her throne, worry in her features.

It has been a full 24 hours since she has seen (Y/n). Normally, it wouldn't bother the princess...if it wasn't for their fight the night before.

Flashback

After the party - which Peach cut short - she went to her sister's room to talk everything out. She knocked and after not receiving an answer for a few minutes, she walked inside and sat next to the lump on the bed - she assumed the lump was (Y/n).

She tried talking to her for a good while, and was starting to get frustrated with '(Y/n)'s' cold shoulder treatment.

"Talk to me, (Y/n)!" she yelled, shoving the lump.

The lump turned and Peach noticed the odd movement.

She pulled the cover of the bed back to reveal pillows and bundled up blankets.

"Search the Kingdom!" Peach ordered in a panic. She got up and ran from the room.

Flashback end

"Princess," she was snapped from her thoughts as a group of toads approached her. Peach stopped her pacing and stared down at them.

"Do you have news?" She asked anxiously. The lead toad nodded grimly, concerning the princess even more.

"We found this on the outskirts of the forest," he added, gesturing to (B/f/n) as she pulled out a particular pink parasol into view.

"Is that-?" Peach mumbled to herself. She hasn't seen that parasol in forever! Now she knows why.

The toad brought it up to Peach and she took it with shaking hands.

"Anything else?" she asked.

"No, Princess," the first toad spoke. Peach nodded.

"Keep looking," she ordered gently. The toads nodded and they left the throne room, leaving the princess to her thoughts.

"Where are you, (Y/n)?" Peach stared out the window, staring out towards the horizon.

Might end up editing this a bit later.